Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Saab 93 Convertible - Replacing Soft Top Hydraulic Line

MY2004 93 Convertible. I have a small hole in one of the hydraulic lines going to the front of the roof to operate the hooks. It's the #65 line. I've got the hose pulled from the top but can't figure out how to remove the hose at the pump in the trunk. Turning it, it spins freely so it's not threaded. Has anyone doen this? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I sent a print-out with instructions from the WIS to your email address. Hope it helps in getting the lines sorted out.

Thank you Frank! That is exactly what I needed. I wondered if I needed to remove the plate where all the lines are attached, but that was something I decided I didn't want to do. Some things you just don't want to 'explore' into. These instructions show exactly what to do. I REALLY appreciate your help!

I've got another question. I think this stuff is only used on the convertible to protect the plastic hydraulic lines for the top. But it's like fabric padding with high adhesive backing. They use it on the Saab to wrap around these lines and a small wire harness to keep them together and to add protection against rubbing, etc. It's great stuff, I've never seen it before. I had to split up the lines and need to replace some of that padding, but I'd like to keep that stuff around as it would be great for wires etc where they might be exposed to rubbing or pinching. Anyone know where to get it? I tried a search on the net for 'padded tape' and found nothing close. I'm not sure what else to call the stuff...

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Try searching for wire cloth tape. That should give some results.

The instructions you sent did the trick! Got the hose out and will take it down on Thursday to see if I can get another made up.

On the tape, I tried wire cloth tape but still haven't found anything. You know what this looks like, with Velcroe you have the hook side and the loop side. The loop side is kind of 'fuzzy' with an adhesive backing, and that is pretty much what this looks like. If I can't find anything close that's probably what I'll try using.

Saab(s)
    2003 93 convertable
    Can I get those instructions as well,, I have a 2003 93 convertible and the line cracked at the bend point on the passenger side.

Just PM'd. Heard from the shop yesterday that they could not make that hose. Anyone know where to find them? The one I need is #65. I tried TheSaabSite and they are waiting for the factory to free up parts.

Hi, I would like to have the instructions too if possible. thank you,

Saab(s)
    1999 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    Hello from Florida!
    I have a 1999 Convertible with the same problem! PLEASE send me the instructions also I'm stuck and can't figure out how to get the hose off the pump.
    Much appreciated - Gabe