Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 SE Tid Auto - MY12

Infotainment Bluetooth Phone on new Saab 9-5

I have a new Saab 95 which I purchased last Sept. My battery ran completely flat overnight and I have no idea why except the possibility that I somehow left it in ON/RUN/START position with the engine off (Apparently that can drain the Battery) Anyway the local RAC man started the car for me and everything is ok EXCEPT that the Bluetooth Phone system on the car now reads unavailable and I've lost all my phone entries. The radio and onboard Navigation both still work and the Voice recognition works (except for the phone.)

I selected phone from the display list and tried to run the restore factory settings. It then said please wait, which I did for the next half hour but it still said please wait so I gave up waiting at that point.
    Would the Bluetooth System have a fuse possibly? If it does its not mentioned in the Infotainment manual.

I would be very grateful for any advice or pointers to solve this problem

Yours hopefully

John Finley

Saab(s)
    OK sadly Ive not had any response from our saab members in here but through many emails to various other people including Mikael Jakobson formerly Saab. I have discovered that this is not a problem confined to me and that a number of people have had this problem. However it appears more and more that it is nothing to do with a flat battery and that disconnecting the battery for a while may reset the Bluetooth. However the rain here over the last few days has been horrendous so haven't had an opportunity to try yet. I understand also that there may be a fuse relating to the Bluetooth but I don't know which fuse if any, maybe the F4 Fuse which supports the Radio? One chap said he had this problem and took it to a Saab dealer who took the panel off the tunnel inside the car and disconnected the bluetooth connector for a few mins and it all kicked in again. So until I try these things I wont know and therefore still invite any comments.

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Sorry for the lack of response, I just don't think we have many new 9-5 owners on the board.

Good luck sorting it out, come back and let us know the outcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Alex Andrews (Lex)
    Saab(s)
    ‘02 9-5 Aero, ‘16 Skoda Superb SE-L Exec.
    Which dealership would you go to? I've used Humberside SAAB in Grimsby a few times for info, parts etc. They were good for me.
    More things change. The more they stay the same.

Saab(s)

Saab grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Andrews View Post
    Which dealership would you go to? I've used Humberside SAAB in Grimsby a few times for info, parts etc. They were good for me.
    Yes I agree nice helpful friendly staff there. I bought my new 9-5 there. Terry the owner is a very nice chap.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Also interested in how this turned out. I've heard that disconnecting the battery to give the car's "computer" a hard reboot solves a bunch of the issues that "cannot be explained."

That said, quick shout out to the Saab of Memphis team ... they fixed my clock/navigation issues. Thanks again guys!

Saab(s)
    9-5 NG 2011

Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by John Finley View Post
    OK sadly Ive not had any response from our saab members in here but through many emails to various other people including Mikael Jakobson formerly Saab. I have discovered that this is not a problem confined to me and that a number of people have had this problem. However it appears more and more that it is nothing to do with a flat battery and that disconnecting the battery for a while may reset the Bluetooth. However the rain here over the last few days has been horrendous so haven't had an opportunity to try yet. I understand also that there may be a fuse relating to the Bluetooth but I don't know which fuse if any, maybe the F4 Fuse which supports the Radio? One chap said he had this problem and took it to a Saab dealer who took the panel off the tunnel inside the car and disconnected the bluetooth connector for a few mins and it all kicked in again. So until I try these things I wont know and therefore still invite any comments.
    Hi, I have a 9-5 from 2011 and I have the same problem now, but here in Portugal it is not easy to get help nowadays for Saabs 95NG.
    Have you come to a solution?

Best regards,
    Joao

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0T Aero
    You could try and update the software/firmware version the latest level(E800), it does correct a number of inherent problems of which this may be included. If you go to the thread on Infotainment problems there us a link to the software/firmware that allows you to download. This is for europe only though, regards
    Colin