Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3 Diesel Convertible
    Thumbs Up:   0

Saab Stalling when cornering

Hi, sorry to post my first post with a question, i've already asked it on a few Saab forums, just so I can try and get an answer and save myself a lot of money, so apologies if you login somewhere else and have read this. Hi, I'm hoping I can get some advice from you guys, as I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm from Aberdeen, Scotland, and sadly our local Saab dealer has closed down so the nearest is about 80 miles away and I've been having a problem.

When the car slows and freewheels round a corner, ie without the accelerator on it has a rendency to stall and a traction control error comes up. I was able to track down someone locally with a code reader who read the code as

TCS U2105 00 ECM missing on bus

I mentioned it to the garage I usually use and they have said that the best bet is to get a car electronics repair company to look at it who are saying that it could be 500 ish before they even diagnose it as theres so many checks to be done. This is obviously a lot of money on top of the actual repair that might need done and the fact that apparently i need new front springs, which could be another 200-300. I was hoping someone may have an idea of where we could start looking to try and help out. The car is fine on corners if theres some power going through or accelerating, but otherwise it will stall or loose power, after a few stalling it also seems to occasionally cut down on my acceleration, but if left that fixes itself. Could the damaged springs have helped cause the problem as they all seemed to happen at about the same time.

i really hope that you guys can give me some pointers on what may be the problem as otherwise this could end up being very very expensive.

My car is 2006 Diesel Convertible.

Many thanks and anything you could do that might point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Not allowed!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thumbs Up:   133
    Welcome! There is some information in the WIS about this error code. It basically says to check all connections and harnesses.

ECM Missing on Bus

Move the wiring harness at several spots and in several directions to reveal intermittent breaks and short-circuits. Check switches, connectors and crimp connections for oxidation, retracted pins and pin clamping force.
    This shows where to find the ECM. TCS and other components for the 9-3.

Name:  Saab 9-3 components.gif
Views: 1111
Size:  14.7 KB

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    9-3 Diesel Convertible
    Thanks Frank, i will pass thsat onto the garage and hope it gives them a good place to start as I really hope it won't take 4-5 hours to find whatevers not working, can you think of any reason why it would only go off when the car isnt under power or isnt braking, i would have assumed if something was casuing he car to lose power it would do it regardless of whether I had the accelerator down or not, I think it is definitely getting more sensitive and seems to be happening a bit more often now. i hope it can hold out until monday evening when its going into the garage. The electrical auto place just seemed determined to tell me it would cost a fortune to locate and that worried me a fair bit.

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    9-3 Diesel Convertible
    Got the car back from the auto electricians on Thursday with assurances it was all fixed, damaged wire in the can they had went in and replaced it, 520 it cost, was assured it was Ok so drove it to Manchester that day as that was always the aim, drove fine - though bizarelly the lowest fan setting seemed to have stopped working, you would only get the fan from setting 2, next day got in it to go to the Bruce Springsteen gig, the car wouldnt start, when it did start eventually it started giving us ABS and Traction control lights, got it to the gig and that was ok, phoned the garage who said the fact that it had got from Aberdeen to Manchester with no problem meant that it couldnt have been anything they did but a whole new fault - seemed a bit coincidental to have a new electrical fault less than 24 hours after they had been in, they told me it might be another 500 to find and fix the new fault though they thought it wouldnt be as bad as they thought they knew where to look - they also couldnt see it until Wednesday, this was all a pain but at least it was still running. Of course when we got in it to go home on Saturday then it was completely dead nothing at all, the AA man checked everything and said it definitely wasnt the battery, or the alternator or the starter as they were all working it was just that the car wouldnt turn over, was completely immobilised. Cue all day Saturday on the back of an AA van travelling from Manchester to Aberdeen. No-one is now sure what it is, it also looks like someone didnt put the cover back properly on one of the electrical boxes on the underside of the car, so there is a worry that might be a problem. i am at the end of my thether with the car tbh I've spent 750 getting it this far and I just don't have the money to plough the same again into it, the garage are refusing to admit they might have done anything and if I hadnt had roadside relay with the AA I would have been another 800 getting the car home apparently.

0 Not allowed!