Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Talking Headliner rattle noise

Has anyone resolved the headliner rattle issue?

This is exactly the type of thing that a warranty addresses . . . don't exactly want to try taking apart the headliner without any directions.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    What rattle?

jack vines

Several folks here, as I have, have reported a bad rattle from the headliner -- possibly from bad glue -- that is found on the 9-4x.

My rattle is very bad under certain road conditions -- a little bumpy freeway is the most common. I can stop the rattle by pressing on the headliner above the passenger seat near the opening for the moon roof.

Love to get this one figured out!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I had the same issue with my 9-4X but on the left side. It was more like a sound from adhesive between two surfaces not sticking well enough. It went away when I pushed on the headliner in that spot.

Mine is a very bad rattle -- lots of noise. It does go away when I push and hold on the headliner (but starts right away when I let go). What's worse, it doesn't happen all the time -- but can be very consistent for long periods of time driving down the highway.

This is the only issue that I've had where I really have wanted my warranty to be available. I have very low expectations from the bankruptcy outcome. SAAB, as we've known it, seems to be fully gone. Maybe some consideration will come for the recent North American customer, but it doesn't seem like it. Electric cars for China . . . wow.

very unlikely, but i will chime in here... ar you sure it is the headliner?
    i had a rattle that was speed/bump sensitive and found it to be the upper part of the dash rattling around and hitting the bottom part of the dash. (basically, the visor that shade the gauges from the sun?
    i unscrewed the dash behind that, pushed t up and screwed it back in while holding it up and the rattle went away.

doesn't explain why it goes away if you hold the headliner, but just in case. it is free to post ideas.

Thanks Jeff! I really don't know if it is the headliner, and originally thought it was the moon roof. But the combination of pushing on the headliner stopping it (and holding/pushing on moon roof no change) and that 2 or 3 people (a fairly high percentage of owners actually) have also reported headliner rattles are what is making me think that way.

I guess I should just bite the bullet and pay to have it fixed -- don't know why I have any hope of somebody (GM or Chinese Electric Cars Co.) stepping up on warranty (although the dealer has been very good and would probably help).