Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v

Question Troubleshoot my ad

Some of you might have noticed I have put my beloved NG900 for sale in the classifieds section here. I have also put that in some local SAAB forums, Craigslist, etc. It's been a long while since I had to put a car for sale through an ad, the last four times I sold cars I had buyers lined up to buy it. To tell the truth, I kinda have a buyer lined up for the NG900 right now, but he is deployed to Afghanistan right now and won't be back for a few months. Too bad for him.

So, I might be a bit rusty with the add. I am asking that you guys help me here. Read through my ad and tell me, too much info or not enough? Anything I could have said better or left unsaid? I know I need more pictures, and I am getting them after I finish detailing the car, as of right now it needs a good vaccuming inside.

Here is the ad at SaabWorld: 1995 900 SE Turbo - SaabWorld Marketplace. The ads I posted elsewhere have only slight variations of that.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Can you sell it to any new European owner, meaning has it been officially imported into Germany?

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    In short, no. I have been readin up on it on the internet and from what I see there is a 11% importation tax, plus the 19% VAT. The internet being what it is, I have made an appointment with the local customs office for tomorrow where I will get the information from the lion's mouth on all that is involved in selling a car to a national. I will adjust the price accordingly. I will lower my asked price according to the importation tax, but not the sales tax.

One replier in this site seems that they know what they are talking about, but it was posted in 2009 and info ould have changed: http://saabworld.net/f15/troubleshoo...356/#post43955

Good thing about the SAAB is that it is a standard European car, and although the car is US specs, it's not like bringing a US-only car like a Honda Element or Pontiac Aztec (who would bring that anyway?). I also have an appoitment tomorrow with the local TUV inspection site. One of their inspectors that speaks good English will be there tomorrow, to see would would be needed to get the car to be TUV. I imagine I might have to put the stock sway bar back in as the GenuineSAAB might not be TUV compliant, but I already have the TUV letters for the springs, shocks and rims. Th TUV inspection costs 90 Euro.

EDIT: There is also some stipulation that I have read on the internet that I need to clarify: apparently if you bring a car into Germany and keep it for at least six months, you are exempt from import duties and are tax free (VAT). That info comes from: http://www.mapsupport.com/thedatabas...prtgvehger.htm

Also found out that newer USDM cars to be sold in Germany need to have EU-code headlamps and tires installed. Thta law passed not too long ago, and aparently cars of a certain age are grandfathered. Which again I will have to leave to the TUV inspector's discretion. Fortunately the NG900 has glass headlights, so installing EU-code lamps is not too much of a hassle, I just need to source some Euro headlamp glass. I know of at least one junkyard where I might find those. Tires are also not too much of a hassle, I could buy a set of used winter tires (aboout 200 Euro tops). Of course that all costs money in the long run just to sell the car. Idealy I would like to find a US buyer, but there are more potential buyers offering it in the Euro market. If only my friend returns early from Afghanistan. Or I simply hold on to the car until he returns.
    Last edited by rpiereck; 19 June 2012 at 19:08.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo