Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Linear

Crankshaft bearing clearance specs and a little advice needed.

Hello,
    I've been working on my son's 2002 9-5 Linear 2.3 and I need a little help.

After replacing a trashed turbo and dropping/cleaning the oil sump we got a low oil pressure light and quite a bit of knocking.
    So I dropped the sump again to look around and try to figure out what I messed up.
    I read somewhere that I should check the crankshaft main bearings so I pulled off the #4 rod and main caps. The bearings and journals look pretty good to me.
    Meanwhile I found out that I should have replaced the o-rings on the oil pickup tube and the feed tube. I have the new o-rings now and I'm fairly confident the old o-rings were the cause of the low oil pressure after we put everything back together.

But since I had these 2 bearings apart I thought I might as well check the clearance.
    I torqued to 15 lbs + 70 degrees and got about 0.0015 on the main and 0.007 on the rod.
    I'm guessing 0.007 is too much. Can someone here tell me the clearance specs on those bearings?

I think I bought the WIS on DVD but since the guy on eBay hasn't even acknowledged the sale yet I'm not sure what I'll be getting.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Erik

Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 Linear
    Well, I heard back from the guy I bought the WIS DVD from. He says it will be here in a week.

Does anyone here know the clearance specs? If not I guess I'll button it up and see how the oil pressure holds with the new o-rings.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Here are the crankshaft specs for the 4-cylinder petrol engine from the WIS. I hope it has the information you're looking for because I am not very familiar with it.

Name:  Saab_9-5_crankshaft_data.gif
Views: 1723
Size:  20.6 KB

Name:  Saab_9-5_crankshaft_data2.gif
Views: 1657
Size:  5.6 KB

Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-5, 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero; 2002 9-3 HOT Hatch
    This is exactly what I needed Mr. Wulfers!
    Thank you for posting this!