Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    harry
    Saab Enthusiast SatchSportSedan's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Sport Sedan B207E 150Hp
    Thumbs Up:   1

Newby, and DIY-alarm install issues due to Saabs special pulsed electronics

Hello, Forum, I'm new here, Harry from Belgium (Europe)
    I have a 2007 9-3 Linear B207E - 2L LPT-engine
    I am an electronics engineer and do my vehicles repairs and maintenance myself.

Now, with this Saabs' digital electronization things are made a bit too difficult, imho.

So, on the contrary as with VW's eo. there seems to be no simple additional wiring hookup.

For months now this car's interior is dismantled, to install my own car alarm and features.

Unfortunally, there are no direct easy reachable door-switches, or trunk switch, or hazard flashers control,...

So I am opening everything, to add additional wiring; like the hazard switch, I have parallelled with an opto-coupler
    However it is puls'd controlled, so a simple 0V or +12V signal is even not enough, so I have to create a
    double pulser box, etc... I have time, but things are made a bit too complicated, IMHO.

Now my questions, does there exist an easy (simple) to add CLOSE-ALL-WINDOWS wire
    INSIDE the car, so that I don't have to enter the driver's door to parallel all those switches,...

Is there a central blinker relay, which can be used to get control over the hazard flashers?

To Open-and-CLose the doorlocks, does there exist also a possibility to access some control point inside the car?

Otherwise I'm going to have to add a lot off additional wires through that drivers door loom,...

Well, I hope maybe on this forum, some members can advice me further a long,
    because I have many ideas and tricks to carry out on this yet still undriven swedish essay.

Many thanks in advance, take care, Harry.

0 Not allowed!
    Everything is simple ,regarding time spend

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thumbs Up:   123
    Welcome to SaabWorld!

That's quite a few detailed questions. Do you have the WIS software from Saab? It has many wiring diagrams and other information about the electrical system, relays, switches and so on so that will be probably a big help.

0 Not allowed!

harry
    Saab Enthusiast SatchSportSedan's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Sport Sedan B207E 150Hp
    Thumbs Up:   1
    Hello Frank, yes I have the WIS-utility, but this aint solves for solutions, could you perhaps direct me to someone you know,
    that is into the electronics and on this Saab 9-3 from 2007 European model?

So to state my issues: in a normal 12V-system, a Lamp (for example flasher), has one side tight to +12Vbatt,
    and to illuminate the specific Lamp, it's other side needs to be pulled to ground (-).
    This is the simplest law of electrics, to enable current flow, the circuit needs to be closed between both polarities.

Now, what Saab did, with their pulsed bulbs control feature: both sides are at +12V, in standby = when no lights are illuminated.
    Now and then, one side is briefly (ms) pulled to ground, to check for current flow, hence the system knows wether the bulb
    is still OK (=current flow), or not (=> No current flow).
    But I can't just pull a parallel wire to ground, or what soever, to flash the blinkers for example,...
    Because the system, will interprete this unexpected signal change as an erronous situation,...

Hence my questions, you must have already had other members on this Forum, that have also coped with such
    own alarm installations, or not ;-?

I hope, someone can help me furtherout with this,
    Many thanks in advance, greetings Harry.

0 Not allowed!
    Everything is simple ,regarding time spend