Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Tom

Saab Service in Winnipeg Canada

My 2008 9-5 Aero has a little time left on the warranty clock and I have an engine light on. The codes indicate that it is a throttle body problem. I am assured by the nearest Saab dealer that a software upgrade has a good likelihood of resolving the problem. My problem is that the nearest dealer is in Edmonton a 14 hour drive away. Local repair shops including GM have the ability to to work on mechanical and electrical problems but a software upgrade apparently is not in the works. For the sake of the warranty I will make the drive because I have friends and relatives I can visit. In the future especially when the warranty is over I would appreciate suggestions on how to avoid such a long drive.

Thanks Saab fans. - Tom

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    '01 LPT wagon (RIP), '05 Aero (gone), '07 XC70!
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    My 2008 9-5 Aero has a little time left on the warranty clock and I have an engine light on. The codes indicate that it is a throttle body problem. I am assured by the nearest Saab dealer that a software upgrade has a good likelihood of resolving the problem. My problem is that the nearest dealer is in Edmonton a 14 hour drive away. Local repair shops including GM have the ability to to work on mechanical and electrical problems but a software upgrade apparently is not in the works. For the sake of the warranty I will make the drive because I have friends and relatives I can visit. In the future especially when the warranty is over I would appreciate suggestions on how to avoid such a long drive.

Thanks Saab fans. - Tom
    Hi Tom

I'm in Winnipeg as well (ex-Saaber) and if Birchwood doesn't want to touch it, I don't think anyone else can. You might want to check with the two (ex?) dealers in Minneapolis, Schmeltz and Morrie's, to see if they would cover your warranty and after-warranty work. They're only about 7 hours away...

There are a couple of European car repair shops but I suspect they wouldn't have much 9-5 experience.

0 Not allowed!