Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

View Poll Results: Should I go with Coilovers?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
    bob evan
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '03 Saab 9-5 Aero

Coilovers for SAAB

So, I'm thinking about purchasing a set of coilovers for my pretty. I just wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions, maybe you've done it before, or know someone that has. I've been doing a lot of reading on many forums and seems like lowering springs just won't do it for what i wanna do. And cutting my springs, well that's a NO NO! So please, share some of your knowledge with me. Thanks! - Eli

Mark Niskanen
    Saab(s)
    '04 9-3 ARC SS, 04 9-5 Aero Combi
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak View Post
    I've been doing a lot of reading on many forums and seems like lowering springs just won't do it for what i wanna do.
    What exactly do you wanna do that springs are not suited for?

Do you want the coilovers so you can drop it way down in the summer, to give it a more "stanced" look, then crank it up as high as it will go in the winter or extra clearance?

A coworker of mine wants to do that to his 06 BMW 325xi.

Honestly, I think that some Eibach or Bilstein lowering springs, if they make one for the 9-5, I'm not sure, would work best. Have you driven a car on coilovers before? The ride is ridiculously harsh.

bob evan
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '03 Saab 9-5 Aero
    Yes, I've driven cars with coilovers before...the ride is harsh, but you can adjust the dampeners. Reason I would've like to get coilovers was exactly for that reason: STANCE. Instead I went with a BCB stage 2 chip. Just put that in today! @Niskanem - springs from what i've read only lower an aero by approx. 10mm :/ not really worth the money, plus springs make the rear end stay lower than the front which it already is stock. thanks for the replies!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Aero
    I have Coilovers on one of my cars running 400#s front and 350#s rear....and that is how I ended up in a Saab. I hated the ride so much I had to give it up, still have the car for show.

Adjusting coilovers to be lower is no easy task either, you have to take every wheel off and move it. The Stance cars you see on all those websites about 95% of them are on Air bags, so Air bag if you want the stance look.

Honestly Saabs are nice cars and you should take advantage of the Spring/Strut combos that are offered, and give yourself a nice handler. Stance worthless cars like VW's

Coilovers for SAAB

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear View Post
    Stance worthless cars like VW's
    My thoughts, exactly.