Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-3 ARC Convertible

2004 ARC Convertible - Air Cond water leaking inside at passenger foot well?

Hello -

I am an owner of a 2004 SAAB ARC Conv... one sharp vehicle! Not many miles and very well kept & maintained.

Last week after getting new brake pads / rotors I noticed that when the vehicle is turned off a water leak (trickle) is inside at the lower front console on the passenger side (foot well). ie if a pssenger was in the car it would be at their left foot trickling from the bottom of the console area. The water is cold so it seems like air conditioning seepage? At least that's what I believe it to be. It only happens when I run the air-conditioner. No leak is present when the vehicle is in motion but after I park the vehicle it starts...

Trouble shooting - I did not run the air conditioner for a couple trips and no leakage - but when I did run it - bingo. This could have been happening all along before the new brakes/rotors I just did not notice. Just so happened one day I was locked out of my shop and sat in vehicle waiting for key - looked over at passenger side floor and noticed a little trickle of water (what the?)- felt it and it was cold.

Does anyone have an idea where this may be coming from? I do not notice any water under the vehicle in the garage after it is parked - so could it be a misdirected water drainage line? and I would lift the center console in the car IF I could figure out how to do this - lol

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards
    George

(I can take photos if anyone needs?)

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    It sounds like the drain is clogged.

I have no idea where to find the drain on the underside of the car, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-3 ARC Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
    It sounds like the drain is clogged.

I have no idea where to find the drain on the underside of the car, however.
    I just removed that little side panel on the console and drove around awhile with the air - darn thing did not not leak at all - and to top it off a little puddle pooled under the car! I'm going to leave the panel off JIC to monitor..

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Good deal, hope that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.