Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v

Still alive here

If some of you noted my absence here don't think it's a change of heart or anything. My internet time has been greatly reduced for the last few weeks. I now have my newborn child with us at home, they (mom and son) arrived from Korea two weeks ago, and as you can imagine I can't get too much sleep now.

Most of my free time at home is occupied warming bottles, cleaning dirty diapers or attempting to make a 1 month old boy to go to sleep. Usually at 2 am.

Also, my wife's mom came with her and she is sleeping in the room I keep my computer so that limits my net time even more. Nothing like browsing the net next to a snoring 60 year old woman... My usual escape from the home, work, has been extremely busy too as we have been receiving people from my unit who are coming back from Afghanistan. Not a one day process.

The little bit of free time I have has been posting pictures to Instagram, as I can do that on the move from my phone. If anyone is on Instagram and would like to follow me my ID is rpiereck there too. I'll follow back.

And just a picture of my current pride and joy, the little man who's keeping me awake, now at one month old. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep...

(yep, that's a one month baby, most people think he is two or three months old. Next week he'll get his first hair cut)

PS: just in case you are wondering, that blue microfiber towel was originally bought to dry a certain SAAB 9-5 Aero Combi, but we found out it works better at making babies go to sleep...
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Sounds like a busy life! I wonder if they sell full-size microfiber blankets because that looks quite comfortable.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Very cool. That's a cute, handsome little fella there. Yup, the first months (or was that years ?) are the busiest and most demanding, I think the 6-month mark is a major turn for the better as far as the parents (and baby) really getting settled into the new routines, sleep patterns, etc. But savour every single moment and day, they change and grow up so fast it's quite unbelievable. Thanks to modern digital media, take as many videos and pics as you can ..... archive them on backup drives and DVDs and throw them into a safety deposit box at your bank.
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Renato Piereck
    Saab(s)
    Thanks fellas! And you're right Frank, that towel is quite comfortable. My wife calls it the "magic blanket" as he falls alseep easily with it! And Ken, I am taking as many pictures and I can, and videos too, saving that for posterity. When he's a teen and brings his first girlfriend home I'll bring out the videos and embarass him...

Renato Piereck
    Saab(s)
    Well, today I got confirmation that he's a big boy. We went to the doctor and Arthur was measured at 14 pounds ans 24 inches, at one month and nine days. He is in the 99th percentile for his age, which means he is bigger than 99% of other babies at the same age! He is bigger than some three month old babies. The doctor acted surprised and asked jokingly what we were feeding him, to which I replied "growth hormones and pesticides". He sure feels heavy when I have to carry him! He is also pretty strong, already doing full baby push ups. I've created a monster! The dictor says it coukd be just a freak growth spur, or it coukd be he'll end up taller than me and much much taller than his mom.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    The doctor acted surprised and asked jokingly what we were feeding him, to which I replied "growth hormones and pesticides".
    Hmmm. Well, just make sure you get the organic, free-range, BPA-free kind, ok ??
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)