Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    lionel estrada
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9-5

shaking saab 9-5

Hello, i have a four cylinder 2.0 saab 95 sedan and its been shaking recently. Ive been doing some research online on the things it might be and so far i learned that it might be the mass airflow module sensor or the oxygen sensor. I would rather ask a professional about this on this site first before going out and purchasing stuff. My first question is how would you know what the problem is if the check engine light isn't lit? And how would you check one of these sensors if they might actually bee the problem?

Roger Cook
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero, 2006 9-3SC 2.0T, 2000 Viggen 'vert, SAAB Quantum, 2000 9-5 retired at 318K miles
    What year and how many miles? When is the shaking most obvious?

The engine mounts on the 9-5 are known maintenance items as the miles accumulate. There are four mounts and three are easy to replace.

lionel estrada
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9-5
    Hey roger. I took my Saab to some mechanic shop and they spotted that the rear motor mount support was cracked but couldn't say that was the problem. Do you think that's what my issue might be? Its a 2000 95 with 94k miles.

lionel estrada
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9-5
    The shaking is most obvious anytime the engine is on. Itll run amooth for a few seconds then starts to shake

bob evan
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '03 Saab 9-5 Aero
    How bad is the shaking? My rear engine mount is also cracked, not bad but it is...I have 130k miles on mine. If it's not a violent shaking, It is common for all saabs to have a little vibrating (a little > than other cars ) Is it auto or manual? Does the shaking occur when driving or idling? Does it change if you go from gear to neutral, or if you turn on you A/C? It could also be a Long SB v.s Short SB.

lionel estrada
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9-5
    Its nothing violent but its most obvious when its in parking. Its an automatic

lionel estrada
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 saab 9-5
    Oh and yeah when you go from gear to neutral. I wouldn't know about the ac because I'm.still fixing that problem

bob evan
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '03 Saab 9-5 Aero
    Mine's autotragic as well :/ i think I know what you're talking about ... steering wheel vibrating a little as well, right? Like I said, common in Saabs. Depending on the type of belt you have on there, it may be harsher or a little smoother... hope it helped, don't be too worried.

Ivan
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sedan (R.I.P.), 2006 9-5 2.3T Sport, 2008 9-3 Aero SC
    Mine ('03 Aero 5AT) shook a bit then idling in drive when I purchased it last winter. I made them look into it and reduce the vibration before purchase. They changed a transmission mount and it reduced the vibration. It still vibrates more than most cars, which is a Saab thing I've learned to live with.

If I'll be idling for a bit, I pop it in neutral at a light.

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 Aero
    I just changed both of the trans mounts but the shaking is still there, not as noticeable but still there. I guess I have to switch out the other two motor mounts. The passenger side upper mount looks easy enough but does anyone have any directions / tips on how to deal with the rear mount?