Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Saab sedan 2008 2.0 T

Lightbulb 93 2.0 T 2008 - Transmission malfunction

Hi all, Im looking for a video or maual in order to repair my Saab transmission, it began to fail after 40 minutes drive, when I change from drive to reverse or reverse to drive the transmission hits hard, the Saabs has 40,000 kms.

I went to mechanic and he says that all Saabs 93 2.0 Turbo has the same problem on the body valve. (Let me attach the motor image)

Can anyone help me with a video or manual in order to repair the problem.

Kind regards.

Víctor García
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Bienvenido a Saab World!

You mention the transmission hits hard when switching from drive to reverse. That sounds to me like an engine or transmission mount problem. Have you checked them? At 40,000 km they are almost new, however, so that seems odd. Any other symptoms?
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Is the fluid clear/reddish in color and full? You need to have the car up in the air to check this with the car running an hot. Coolers used to go bad often and mix coolant with the trans and take out the transmission on the 2003-2005MY automatic's.

Start with the basics!
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    Saab sedan 2008 2.0 T
    Hi, I already send the Saab with the suspension and mechanic technical, they saw the Saab in perfect condition, so they suggest to visit the transmission technical.

There are two other symptoms:
    Sometimes after 40 minutes drive the automatic transmission hits when switch from 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to first for example.
    And a second one; I am not really sure if this symptom belongs to the transmission, but when I push the acelerator anytime at drive, my Saab does not respond inmediatly most time, it takes about three seconds to respond. (Once I thougth in gasoline filter, but it is not, it seems most like a sensor or may be the transmission too)

Is there any way to know the code failure without the scanning tool? The advise at the panel indicates in spanish "Hacer control mecánico" Make mechanical control.

Thank you

Saab(s)
    Saab sedan 2008 2.0 T
    Thank you, that was my first thougt too, I searched at website to look for "how to chek transmission oil level", but when I tried to remove the transmission filter cap (down the brakes deposit) in order to add transmission oil just for test. I realize to need a special tool in order to remove the filter cap, so I quicked.

Do you suggest to remove the pipe plug oil level in order to review if the trans oil is mixed with coolant? http://saabworld.net/f69/how-replace...-oil-b284-900/

Is there anyway to check level transmission oil without the scanning tool?, because this model dosen't have bayonet.

Thakyou Jeff