Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-3 Convertible

2006 Saab 9-3 Bluetooth capabale?

Hi guys, just got my first ever saab on saturday (sep. 15th). 2006 9-3 Convertible. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on whether I can make this car bluetooth capable. I don't have the nav screen in this car, just the standard radio/cd player/aux. There is a telephone button and some telephone controls on the steering wheel.

Does anyone know if there's a bluetooth kit for this car? Do you yourself have bluetooth in this model? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I think this is the kit you're looking for: http://saabworld.net/f69/handsfree-k...uetooth-24541/

Welcome!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-3 2.0 Convertible
    I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T Convertible and have just finished the a Parrot Mki9100 installation. My car did not have a pre-wired, ready to plug in harness behind the passenger's side panel so I had to install one. I used the Saab harness and the process took a bit of time. There are three connections to make to the radio input and one cable splice to a power line go to lighter adapter. The splice connectors provided are small and it is important to press firmly on them to ensure that they splice cuts through the outer sheath.

Be carefull pulling out the radio as there are side clips set towards the back that can get stcuk and bend. The gear shift will ahve to be set back to get everything out easier ( not easily). Disconnect the battery as you can blow a fuse and fuses ( or more serious problems).

I chose a Parrot Mki 9100 as I have an Iphone and it is more compatible (from what I have read). You will nead to buy a harness to go from the Saab harness to the Parrot. ( possibly Quickharness).

My car did not have a microphone in the overhead section. There are used microphones available on ebay or at the salvage dealers but I did not want to spend the time taking out the glove box and side pillar, not to mention tracking down the microphone and harness to connect to something somewhere. The Parrot microphone can be set up almost anywhere and it works okay.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-3 SS Linear--gone, 06' 9-3 SC Aero--gone, 09' 9-3 SS Aero Auto--yeah
    I know the dealer offered a Saab one but it was like $500 installed.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-3 2.0 Convertible
    I bought MKI 9100 on Ebay for $125. The Saab harness was $33. The difference in cost is the value of your time. It will take a bit if time to "learn your car" so to speak.

Dont put the microphone in the overhead area. You save two hours or so. Saab is a plastic model car kit held together by one piece holding another.

I used a dremel cutter and removed the upper rear of the lower front console tray and ran the parrot lines out of the opening.

Saab - not just a car but an adventure. Frustration or other.

Shane
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t, 2006 9-3 Aero
    Chiming in on this a bit late, but if you want a cheaper option, I found one. It's less work, not as streamlined, again, cheaper, and works with many phones.
    Newegg.com - Accessory Power GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling for ANDROID, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones.

I bought 2 of these. One for my '06 and one for my wife's '01 Saab 9-3's. They work great! Calls sound tinny or as if you're holding the phone away from you. Well, that's because it is at arms length. However, for my iPod w/ Bluetooth, it works great! Calls come through the speakers and will interrupt play so you may answer the phone. It will connect to 2 different Bluetooth-enabled items. So, if you're stuck in the dark ages, as I am, electronically (my phone is old and my iPod is new), it can be a cheaper option.

If you're not sure if your phone is compatible, go to the manufacturer's website. It has a complete listing of compatible phones.
    When a Saab dies, the world becomes a little less quirky.