Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    bob evan
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '03 Saab 9-5 Aero

Brew City Boost - Chip Tuning

So on monday I was looking on forums at ways I could improve the performance of my Saab. As I'm sure many of you are aware, performance mods on Saabs tend to be pretty pricey! I came across a thread about a person who can remap our ECUs. His name is Casey and runs Brew City Boost. I was skeptic at first, the price was just so low! BCB - SAAB ECU Performance Tuning this is his website where you can take a look at what he does. I immediately contacted Casey with a bunch of questions. He replied very quick, addressed all of my questions and gave me a number to contact him. As I called him he answered a few more questions for me and then I placed the order. Casey made it quick and easy for me to get this tune. Second best part about this transaction? No down time! He sent me a different chip that he had married to my car with the option to keep my original one for a little extra. So I got it in the mail today, installed it and BOOM! It works!

Sport mode still works, winter mode still works, no CEL, boost is in the red and it drives like a champ. The torque curve is nice and smooth, you can definitely feel the difference! Don't expect your car to be a rocket ... but it will def make it quicker and more enjoyable. I've been shopping around for a while, checking BSR, Nordic, Hirsch etc...prices are around $900 for a stage 2 chip. Here is our man, Casey @ Brew City Boost - really was the most helpful person i've talked too about purchasing a product, he knows his stuff.

My brother already got in contact with him, and he too is getting a Stage 3 (His is manual and a few extra mods, i like mine stock and quiet )

So guys, If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! I will hopefully have a Dyno Sheet available soon ...

Also, If anyone else has any ideas/recommendations for other performance upgrades, within a reasonable price and something that won't require other crazy mods, please let me know! Thanks

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Wow, $150 for a T7 upgrade sounds like a great price. I always thought about doing a Stage 1 on one of my previous 9-5 but always found it too expensive as well. I am curious how it affects fuel economy.

bob evan
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '03 Saab 9-5 Aero
    Just from driving it today ( I drive about 80mi/day) I noticed an increase of 0.8 MPG ... It's also not a fair comparison cause earlier today I was doing some pulls

bob evan
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '03 Saab 9-5 Aero
    A couple things to keep in mind if you are thinking about doing this chip, It will help tremendously to have an exhaust, the stock one is way too restrictive. I have a 3" straight pipe now, and no more hesitations under acceleration. I did have a problem though, that Casey helped me solve. I was having misfire under heavy acceleration/downshifting. I was afraid it was going to be something hard and complicated. It turned out to be just spark plugs.

So if you do get a chip (stage 2 and up) you should also get:

1. Open Air Intake
    2. Less-restrictive exhaust
    3. NGK cooper core spark plugs. - Only use NGK cooper spark plugs! gaped at 0.9mm otherwise you might have a miss, like i did (BCPR7ES/11)
    I was advised to have them replaced every 10k miles or so...not that expensive $10? Well worth it.