Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

9-3 Convertible (2007 Interior Facelift) replace standard 150W Amp with Bose Amp

Hello Saabworld,

I have just recently bought a 2007 9-3 Convertible Vector 2.0T. I found it with 24,000 km's on the clock (verified by the dealer from which it was bought and serviced) and in excellent condition; the car has the facelift interior but it looks like the 2003/2006 9-3's from the outside.

The car was fitted with the premium 150 7-Speaker audio system but I noticed that the door speakers (I guess they are woofers from what I have been reading) seemed not to be working. On closer inspection we figured out that the amplifier seems to have developed a fault; we tested the door speakers and they work fine and the amplifier looks visibly to have an issue so we sent it off for repair.

While waiting to see if the amp can be fixed I had a look through the internet for replacement amps and found used Bose amps (from the 9-3) for a descent price and was thinking of just replacing the 150W amp with the Bose amp.

The question therefore is as follows: Is the Bose amp a simple swap from the premium 150 amp? Does anybody happen to have the wiring diagram of the Bose amplifier (I already have the one from the 150W amp)? Has anybody tried this before and can give me some hints? Would I be better off buying an after-market amplifier from Rockford or any other brand? Again anybody who has done this already can give me some pointers or point me towards a relevant thread? Please keep in mind that the car does not have fibre optic audio system with the two amps; my car has a single amp in the boot/trunk.

Thanks in advance!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I sent you the wiring diagrams for the Bose system to your email. I don't have any experience with this myself but it looks like the connections will be different. And audio output specs are probably different as well so I highly doubt it will be an easy swap between the amplifiers of the standard and Bose systems.

I am also adding detailed information about the 2007-2012 audio system here but that will take some time to complete: http://saabworld.net/f146/saab-9-3-a...-2012-a-26948/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    I sent you the wiring diagrams for the Bose system to your email. I don't have any experience with this myself but it looks like the connections will be different. And audio output specs are probably different as well so I highly doubt it will be an easy swap between the amplifiers of the standard and Bose systems.

I am also adding detailed information about the 2007-2012 audio system here but that will take some time to complete: http://saabworld.net/f146/saab-9-3-a...-2012-a-26948/
    Many thanks Frank!

My friend who took the amp out and sent it for repair got back to me with news that it may have been fixed. He should have it back and in the car in the next couple of days and hopefully it will be properly fixed and I won't have to go into any adventures trying to get an aftermarket amp or the bose one.

Thanks for the info anyway and you never know, it may still be usefull!

Cheers!