Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Automobile World community website

Instead of trying to expand horizons on SaabWorld and make many members unhappy, I decided to start a brand new site: Automobile World

I have no idea if it will be successful at all but at least it is fun trying. It pretty much follows the same idea as SaabWorld. Great content and a community inspired, developed and maintained by the members. For and by enthusiasts, not a major media company trying to make a profit with content from enthusiasts.

It is actually a good thing many objected in changing SaabWorld to a more generic automotive Saab. AW is not about a specific brand so having all that Saab content would make it a Saab-oriented site. And that's exactly the opposite of the vision for AW.

It will be a forum to discuss anything automotive, garage to show off any vehicle you own(ed), front page with content from members and many more new things happening in the future.

I am not expecting all SW members run over to AW because many/most are here for just the Saab content. And having AW as a separate site, content on SW won;t be diluted with non-Saab and general automotive content. If you do venture over and take a look and perhaps sign up as a member, I do welcome any feedback (good or bad). Sincere feedback is better than polite comments. I'd rather hear "That's complete crap and will never work because.." than "Looks nice!".

It's different software (Invision) than you're used to on many Saab and other forums (vBulletin), including SaabWorld. So that may take time to get used to. But hopefully it will have some nice new features for many.

I started with adding some garage vehicles, adding some of my content from SW and just playing around with forums and content. it was started 5 days ago so it definitely is a work in progress. And your suggestions and feedback matter very much in shaping AW. Perhaps you'll even want to become an active member or part of the management/moderator team.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Made the decision to switch to Vbulletin for the software for the new site. And it looks surprisingly similar to SW but with a different kind of content. It is still a work in progress but coming along nicely.