Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thumbs Up:   134

South Carolina - 8 new 2011 Saab 9-5 Premium for $25,900

These are new Saabs from the Ally auctions. As found on Facebook and the SaabWorld Marketplace:
    2011 9-5 Turbo4 Premium - SaabWorld Marketplace

Deal of the Decade: Brand New 2011 SAAB 9-5s with 5 miles just in...$25,900 for a new $44K car. Once these are sold, they are gone. Still wrapped in plastic sheets..
    More details on their website. There are many more used 9-5 and 9-3 listed as well.

EuroCars LLC (803)426-3208

Name:  New Saabs.jpeg
Views: 2263
Size:  81.7 KB

0 Not allowed!

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Thumbs Up:   32
    They must have bid at 50% MSRP, not 65% or so. EuroCars is not a Saab dealer. I wonder if the bidding process is not strictly limited to Saab dealers but to anyone registered with the Ally Financial (formerly GMAC) SmartAuction system. In any case, the listed price is far lower than what Saab 9-5's were being sold when Saab was making them.

If a couple was in the market for two cars, this might be a good car to buy (two cars for $51k). If they ever had problems with parts down the road, one car could become a parts car.

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Arc
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Problem is - 4 year old car. Either way, they have depreciated. Look at any new car, like BMW, MBZ, Volvo, and see the depreciation curve. We have 15,000 mile 2013 Volvo S60's that sell for 24K. Dealer demo cars.

I sure do like them! Only problem is the vent unit to the back sticks out too far. Middle passenger has no space, like in the old 9-5's

But, I sure do like them!

0 Not allowed!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Prices for used 2010-2011 seem to be pretty steady and are not as low as I thought they were going to be. But asking prices and actually selling prices may be a different story. After 2 or 3 years after introduction, there may be more supply than demand for the second gen 9-5 soon.

Any luxury car depreciates very fast after the first 2 years. When you look at the S-Class that they are selling. A two year old S-Class that sold for $100K new can be had for half the price with only 20K miles. Amazing deal...!

EuroCars also has quite a few XC60 for sale for around $24K. Unfortunately, they're all ex-rentals.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dkube View Post
    Problem is - 4 year old car.
    Well...the original post is from 2012. They were practically brand new back then...not that it would matter, but they were great deals at the time.

0 Not allowed!

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Thumbs Up:   32
    It's getting less and less likely that I'll find the Saab of my dreams. That car would probably be a 2005-2007 Saab 9-3 in good condition. Since it's almost the 2015 model year, that would be a 8-10 year old car. In the past, I bought new Saabs and kept them a while. That's no longer possible.

I could expand the acceptable model years to 2011. That would increase the possible cars to choose from.

Either that or keep my 1999 9-3 either until it dies or keep it as a non-drivable museum piece.

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD
    You'd be upside down insurance wise for any damage unless you buy special insurance like for a collectable. They're overpriced I think. I might pay 20% over blue book but nothing more especially for a car that has been sitting for 3 years. The seals are dried out or shot all together, engine and tranny will be rusted or worse, turbo bearings who knows. This dealer probably paid salvage for them. Love Saabs but they aren't a must get brand for the vast majority of people. Sitting unused is a lot worse than high mileage.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Paamf View Post
    car that has been sitting for 3 years
    I guess people do not read before they post - the original post is 2 years old. The cars are not sitting anywhere...

This dealer probably paid salvage for them
    Again, please read (see above) before you post offensive comments. We did not pay salvage for new cars back in 2012. I would not reply to this, but now days ignorant comments like this show up on Google searches which does not help us in any way. Regards.

0 Not allowed!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    They're overpriced I think. I might pay 20% over blue book but nothing more especially for a car that has been sitting for 3 years. The seals are dried out or shot all together, engine and tranny will be rusted or worse, turbo bearings who knows. This dealer probably paid salvage for them.
    Cars these days will not just disintegrate when they sit for 1 or 2 years. And they have been moved around so fluids are going through the engine. Not the best scenario but I doubt it will have any effect on the future reliability of the car.

Minimum bids for these cars was 50% of MSRP at the time so your assumption of salvage value doesn't really come even close. So at the prices they were offered by EuroCars and other dealers, I imagine there wasn't a whole lot of profit left after considering the cost of doing business selling cars. I was actually thinking of buying one of these at the time but my financial situation didn't work out. EuroCars was one of the few sellers that actually priced them very reasonably.

For more details about the history of these Saabs that were auctioned: SaabWorld - Forums - News - Marketplace - Media - Blogs - Ally Financial to auction 900 new Saabs stored at seaports in the USA

But as mentioned, the original post is from two years ago andI am sure this Saabs will be just fine for their current owners.

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    2010 9-3 XWD

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by eurocarsllc View Post
    I guess people do not read before they post - the original post is 2 years old. The cars are not sitting anywhere...

Again, please read (see above) before you post offensive comments. We did not pay salvage for new cars back in 2012. I would not reply to this, but now days ignorant comments like this show up on Google searches which does not help us in any way. Regards.

I see by multiple posts many people did not notice a two year post was sent to us in our emails. Your issue should be with the people managing the portal and posts. I would watch the personal attacks if I were you, it shows you to be the ignorant one. Do a better job of making sure you do not have people emailed about your old posts. This had nothing to do with a Google search either, hopefully you do a better job with your web page but then again maybe not. Do not bother to reply as it is obvious you have nothing of value to add to any conversation.

0 Not allowed!