Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 NG Sedan & 9-3 Convertible
    Hey All
    Just an update. The other week I noticed a small crack in the windscreen and when I went back the next day it spread across the screen. My first reaction was dread as I had read about the supply problems with windscreen, in particular the ones with HUD such as mine. So I rang our local windscreen repair company and yeap no windscreens in the country. So a quick call to our SAAB dealer and they confirmed no windscreens in the country,but he said he can ordered it from Sweden and it will take two weeks. Bang on two weeks later a brand new SAAB factory HUD windscreen arrived and the local repair fixed the windscreen. So I am very happy and relieved that this was done before Christmas. Thank goodness I ticked the windscreen replacement cover on the car insurance policy!!!!!!!!

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    So glad things worked out well. Hope I never have to go through this - bad enough with my wife's M-B!
    BTW - an idea of what the charge would have been?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 NG Sedan & 9-3 Convertible
    Hey Gepe
    no idea for the cost as it was covered by insurance. The good thing is it was replaced without any delay

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Thanks for the up-date.
    Merry Christmas (looks like we're in for a cold one )

Hey everyone. I'm definitely a noob to Saab and also to any forum site. Please go easy as I'm just not certain of how forum rules work 100%. If this is posted in the wrong place please forgive me. I just bought a 2011 9-5 2.0 turbo with 30k miles on it. Today while driving it threw the check engine light and told me I now had reduced engine power. Upon getting the car scanned from the auto parts store they told me the code said: "Throttle pedal position sensor A Switch - B Voltage correlation p2135" After a quick Google search I find that this has to do with the Throttle position sensors. I'm no mechanic and really have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Our local GM dealer had never even seen one of these cars and said that everything Saab related had been pulled from their databases and they could not help me. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is their an easy fix to try myself before driving 2 hours to a big city and searching for a dealer that can service my car? As for other problems I have also noticed that the car doesn't always recognize park and keeps telling me to put the car in park before turning off the car. (Even though it is in Park)
    Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Justin in Kansas USA

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawd62 View Post
    Hey Gepe
    no idea for the cost as it was covered by insurance. The good thing is it was replaced without any delay
    Jawd62 ... so you got a brand new HUD windshield for your 9-5? Am I reading this post correctly? If so, congrats.

What other options does your glass support? Lane Departure Warning and Rain Sensing, by any chance? Thanks

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroFreq View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm definitely a noob to Saab and also to any forum site. Please go easy as I'm just not certain of how forum rules work 100%. If this is posted in the wrong place please forgive me. I just bought a 2011 9-5 2.0 turbo with 30k miles on it. Today while driving it threw the check engine light and told me I now had reduced engine power. Upon getting the car scanned from the auto parts store they told me the code said: "Throttle pedal position sensor A Switch - B Voltage correlation p2135" After a quick Google search I find that this has to do with the Throttle position sensors. I'm no mechanic and really have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Our local GM dealer had never even seen one of these cars and said that everything Saab related had been pulled from their databases and they could not help me. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is their an easy fix to try myself before driving 2 hours to a big city and searching for a dealer that can service my car? As for other problems I have also noticed that the car doesn't always recognize park and keeps telling me to put the car in park before turning off the car. (Even though it is in Park)
    Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Justin in Kansas USA
    Justin -

Regarding the sensor issue, I think you'll need to link up with an official Saab Service Center in some way. Saabparts.com website will help you find the closest. I'd recommend calling Saab of Memphis, however, and speak with Robert or Al about your sensor issue. They are one of the best, if not, the best Saab Service Center in the country when dealing with the new 9-5 and the 9-4X. I've been customers of theirs with both those cars for nearly 3 years now.

As for the shift to park message ... I got that for a while and found that a sensor was dirty under my car somewhere. A good washing of the undercarriage via driving through a bunch of rain one day seemed to have done the trick. Others have taken their cars to dealers, who will clean the sensor for them. To park when I got that error and could not completely shut off the car, I found that by jiggling the shift lever, I could usually fix it. Other times I restarted the car, then killed the engine nearly right away, and all would be good.

Hope this helps.

SAABLoyaL
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3, 2003 9-3, 2003 9-5, 2009 9-3, 2011 9-5
    2011 9-5 Premium 20k

Drivers seat heater out

Third Brake light has 2-3 leds out, thankfully right in middle so it looks designed that way
    NAV issues: home city
    Replaced battery

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    I am having the same issue with my Saab 95 park position sensor deltaflash
    also I only have 26kmi and have to replace the rotors. no one has them in town but they are readily available to order
    the rear seat retainers broke and had to replace them and They are common with several gm models and older saabs so no trouble there
    at least one of the tpms sensors isn't working properly (at the shop trying to figure it out now)
    both rear turn signal lamps have been replaced took some hunting but I found them in stock at the autoparts store
    my car was baught "as is" and didn't have floor mats. I was able to buy OEM mats for a fair price
    I've only had the car for a month but so far I'm loving the way it feels and drives. it is definitely unique so parts are going to be a challenge in the future I think especially interior electronics

Saab(s)
    03 9-3

Parts.

Long time Saab owner here. I currently have mixed feelings regarding my inevitable 2011 9-5 purchase.

I meet everything with a sense of insecurity so this is no different. However, I have become obsessed and the end result is purchasing this car.

It is not the AWD. It has 50k miles on it.

How has parts availability been? Was it less of an issue since Saab Parts picked up? Do you guys recommend the Saab Secure warranty? If so, what level?

The main issues I have read about are third brake lights and starting issues due to something in the steering column and or less than fresh battery.

Any information would be extremely appreciated!!