Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by BzP View Post
    Does anyone knows how to do something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a47737QGfI
    in a latest Saab 9-5 NG ?
    That may look good in a "show off" type way but do you really want to display the content of your luggage compartment to anyone who happens to be around? Much better I think for the lid to just lift slightly so that you can open it when you get there. Also, if there has been any rain opening the lid like that ensures that some ends up inside the car.

Now if you could arrange that the opening were nicely damped and slow that might be another matter.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    NG9-5 2.0Tid 197KM Vector M8 -2010 no eco

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
    That may look good in a "show off" type way but do you really want to display the content of your luggage compartment to anyone who happens to be around? Much better I think for the lid to just lift slightly so that you can open it when you get there. Also, if there has been any rain opening the lid like that ensures that some ends up inside the car.

Now if you could arrange that the opening were nicely damped and slow that might be another matter.
    Hello,

~Geoffr
    I must say you are right, BUT like I've said before I had such remote opening with full lifting on my 9-3 SS and worked very well, I've never had any problems with rain (I usually used it when I was far away from someone that wanted to get acces to my trunk - like my wife comming with with shopping bags with our son on her hands) to be honest - opening with a leg, knee or even my FACE wasn't the best idea, as for putting shopping bags in the mud/snow/water... no way,
    I love my new car so much when I get in my car while its raining I first start my engine and then I'm wiping all water with microfibre cloth, (ofc after leaving the car when I'm going home im taking the cloth with me to dry it

It is really helpful to have such installation in your car, especially when both of your hands are busy ;]

I've heard that you can do it using the luggage straps,

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    You'll just have to take my word for it that opening a NG 9-5 luggage compartment with standing water on the lid will end up with water inside. Open it half way to they most of the water run off the open it fully and you can keep the inside dry.