Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94x
    The leak in the front passengers was from the drain hose forcthe sun roof. My buddies auto body shop fixed it. If any one has not check that hose you should someone has a great post on how to repair it photos. I stopped looking for the light because it came back on. The steering noise acted up one day when it was cold after the car wash but have not heard it since.

Does any one know where or what other year Saab has a spare tire or rim that will fit the 94x

Any luck with a tow hitch install. The blog is out but no one has said if they ever got it done.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Wheel bolt pattern is 6 X 120 if that helps. It's also the same as the Cadillac SRX of the same vintage.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94x
    the vacuum line to turbo waste gate control split. this causes the car to refuse to accelerate and go into limp mode. easily fixed with a small high temp vacuum hose. i carry extra one in case it happens again. happened at 18000 miles

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-4x
    Placed the highest bid a few months back for a 9-4x 2012 Swedish version, it was one out of six possible to register and drive in Sweden. It took some time to get the paperwork done but it's all ok now and I have 1250 miles on it.
    Only problem is one that seems fairly common reading all threads here, it's the rear right LED light that does not function. Had the car at the largest SAAB workshop here in Stockholm for an oil and filter change (the cars have been sitting a the port outside Gothenburg for 18 months) but they could not find any spare parts, so I'm hoping for good advice on where to get it in US.
    Goran

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    This part? Saab 9 4X Third Brake Light LED Taillight 11 12 | eBay

If this ever happened to me I would just disassemble the part and solder in a new LED and call it a day

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94x
    I just bought one from saabpartscheap.com last month. It cost around $217.00. My dealer (Midwest Auto Group of Dublin) was asking me for $450.00 so it seemed like a good deal. I ended up calling customer service to place order because the site did not have a picture. But I got the part in a few days well packaged and it installed easily.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    Does any one know where or what other year Saab has a spare tire or rim that will fit the 94x
    AFAIK, the Cadillac SRX is the only other user of that weirdball bolt pattern. Very few SRX came with a spare. Most had a pump and a can of sealant.

Fortunately, my 9-4X came with the optional spare and jack.

jack vines

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The SRX spare tire kit is about $500 and should fit in the 9-4X as well. Pretty pricey but I wouldn't feel comfortable without a spare tire. My last flat tire was on Saturday evening in a remote area. Good luck finding a tire place that can fix it.

I was about to order one before I sold my 9-4X. Srx spare tire kit - Page 10

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x AERO
    Needed some body work done on my vehicle due to an accident. The auto body shop did a great job researching the part numbers as they are not found in their systems. In some cases it is like this vehicle never existed. Once he was able to get the part numbers he was able to order the parts through SAAB, but would take a few weeks to get them. Come to find out, it would be a lot longer than that since SAAB needed to get the parts through GM. Eventually the shop ordered the parts through GM and received them within a few days along with a higher price on them.

Down the road if you are looking for body parts, it may be your best option to try to go through GM once you get the part numbers as you should receive them sooner. For those over in Europe, I am not sure what will be your best route to go.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x AERO
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie aero View Post
    the vacuum line to turbo waste gate control split. this causes the car to refuse to accelerate and go into limp mode. easily fixed with a small high temp vacuum hose. i carry extra one in case it happens again. happened at 18000 miles
    Charlie,
    I am wondering if anything else came up besides going into limp mode? CEL? Stabilitrak need service? These are some of the things I am experiencing right now, but not sure if it is cold related. Wisconsin is frozen right now.

Thanks