Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Kris
    Lighthouse Point, Florida (South Florida)
    Saab(s)
    1993 900 Turbo Commemorative Edition - its my fifth Saab

1993 900 Turbo Commemorative Edition

After a long search, I came across this on craigslist, living in The Keys. It is #156 of the 314 1993 900 Turbo Commemorative Edition cars made. It is in dire need of much TLC and has now become my hobby. The guy who sold it to me swore it didn't run due to a bad fuel pump. I was thrilled that it was just a rusty relay switch! I've joined this forum to get tips on restoration, hook up on parts and to be with a group of people who love Saabs like I do. This is Saab number 5 for me! Can't wait to swap stories with you all!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by nordwulf; 14 August 2011 at 16:18. Reason: moved thread to Saab Talk

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thanks for joining and welcome to the site. I wish I knew more about the 900 but fortunately there are many knowledgeable members who can help you.

Is rust an issue in Florida? There obviously is no road salt to worry about but surrounded by salty seawater may have its problems. What about humidity and its effect on cars?

Kris
    Lighthouse Point, Florida (South Florida)
    Saab(s)
    1993 900 Turbo Commemorative Edition - its my fifth Saab
    Cars from The Keys often have worse rust than those from up north that travel on salty roads. At least up north, the cold temps don't allow the chemical process of rusting to take place. Here, we have salt and humidity on a daily basis - those of us who live really close to the water. Inland a bit, it becomes less of an issue. Black cars do better than lighter colored ones because they get so hot they burn the humidity out of them. I hope you're right and that someone answered my question about what to do about the rust v. keeping the original paint in tact.

I was up in your neck of the woods last year for my annual family vacation. I'm from northern Wisconsin originally so we took the scenic route around the lake and stayed in a cabin on a freezing cold lake for a week. You live in such a beautiful area - great for driving! Thanks for starting this forum. Must be a labor of love!

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Welcome Kris! Your car looks great! Shame about the rust, it's about the worst thing to try to fix. A 900, or possibly a 99 is the next car I imagine myself getting if I were to suddenly to stumble across a bigger garage with a suitcase full of cash in it.

Good luck with your restoration, and I hope we (mostly the 900 guys) are able to help you!
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    2002 9 5 Aero
    Welcome to the site and good luck with that beauty!.