Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Dean

Hello from Irvine CA - USA

Hello everyone...My name is Dean and I have been lurking on here for a bit. I'm a true car guy and have owned about 20 cars since I was 16...I'm 39 now, so usually a new one ever year. haha My very first car was a 1975 SAAB 99 EMS. It was very unique and I loved it when it ran. When I got it, I took on the task of putting a 1986 SAAB 900 engine in it. Although it worked, I had to modify the firewall a little to get it to fit. It was quick and loud.

I'veoined here because I'm ready to buy a 2011 9-5 Aero while I still can. I love the looks of this car and the very unique nature of it. Where I live, a BMW is a dime a dozen and there isn't a lot that is unique, that's somewhat affordable. I've been looking around and have only found one Aero here in California, LA to be exact. It has the Technology Package (I want the heads up), Harman Kardon, Navigation and Vented Seat options, but I'm not liking the color so much. It's the Oak Metallic with parchment interior. Just not my style.

I have found a few on the East Coast, Black, White and Silver but they range from $40K-$46K. This is a lot more than I expected, but I'm sure there is room for negotiations especially without warranties. I'm going to have to fly out there and then have it shipped to CA, but I think it's worth it if the deal is good.

If anyone has any leads to a 2011 9-5 Aero, please let me know. My option requirements are the Tech Package, Navigation and Harman Kardon with color choices of the white, black and silver. Everything else is a nice to have.

Hope I pick one up soon so I get to know many of you on here!

Dean

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Welcome and thanks for the intorduction Dean. I used to work in Irvine and live in Foothill Ranch about 5 years ago. I miss the weather and CA lifestyle and perhaps would like to move back to the west coast some day.

Coldbrook Saab in Maine has some good deals on the Turbo6 XWD for $20k off MSRP but they are not Aero's. Blue Grass Saab in Kentucky has 4 Aero's but the ones with the navigation are also in the low 40s. They still have a lot of new Saabs to sell though so there is probably room for negotation.

Check out cars.com for more. Make sure to check under used vehicles because many new Saabs are listed as used because of the missing warranty.

There also are two new Aero's listed in the Marketplace on SaabWorld.
    http://saabworld.net/marketplace/saa...wd-aero-sedan/
    http://saabworld.net/marketplace/saa...wd-aero-sedan/

It's too bad Saab of Orange County shut down their 2 locations so the closest dealer is probably in LA? If you buy far away from where you live, why not drive it back instead of having it shipped? That's my preferred way of buying a car.

Dean

Thanks for the welcome Frank! I have seen all of the available Aero's at Blue Grass with the Navi. I'm certainly interested in both the silver and the white the only difference being the silver has the vented seats which would be nice here in SoCal. The other two Aero's in the marketplace are missing a few must haves for me but could be considerations.

I thought about driving back, but I get tired just thinking about it. Haha It would be fun though!