Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Thumbs Up:   0

SID on 9-3 - Add features ?

Hello ! I while ago I saw some videos of people changing the information available on previous 9-3 models SID.
    This is very interesting and I wonder if it could be done on a 2005 9-3 TiD. The reason I ask is because it would great to check the Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) saturation in the SID, to easily "guess" when a regeneration could occur. Can a dealer do this ? Any other way ?
    Thank you
    Regards
    Dave

0 Not allowed!

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Thumbs Up:   2
    I would have to see the video in question to see what exactly they are doing. On the first generation 9-3 (and NG900 too, of course) the information displayed by the SID from the factory is locked up and cannot be changed. You can, however, hack the SID much like you hack a computer and then it will display whatever information you feed it. From my understanding the Trionic Suites tuner software will communicate with the SID after being hacked and display any information from one of the various sensors that the Trionic system uses. The bad thing for you here is that the Trionic system (hardware and software) is exclusive to turbo charged gasoline engines, so a no-go for diesel engines anyway. But, again, like I said before, I'd have to see the video in question, it could be something else I haven't seen before as I am by no means a SAAB guru.

0 Not allowed!
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab Fan
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    I would have to see the video in question to see what exactly they are doing. On the first generation 9-3 (and NG900 too, of course) the information displayed by the SID from the factory is locked up and cannot be changed. You can, however, hack the SID much like you hack a computer and then it will display whatever information you feed it. From my understanding the Trionic Suites tuner software will communicate with the SID after being hacked and display any information from one of the various sensors that the Trionic system uses. The bad thing for you here is that the Trionic system (hardware and software) is exclusive to turbo charged gasoline engines, so a no-go for diesel engines anyway. But, again, like I said before, I'd have to see the video in question, it could be something else I haven't seen before as I am by no means a SAAB guru.
    Thank you very much for the reply. In fact, all the videos I saw were from gasoline models.
    OBD-II info to Saab 9-3 SID - YouTube
    I saw so much information available through the SID that I thought It could be possible also to add Diesel Particle Filter Saturation to it. Kind of "Oil quality" under the system settings menu.

0 Not allowed!