Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd

Smile New wheels in the garage.

After over a year of searching for a TVR, well I finally found a local one to my surprise and after whoopie posting (PM'ing), a few members here since I thought it was a closed deal, it fell apart. Now I see why the retired cop would never come for "ride alongs" or answer questions. My buddy, also a retired LEO, crawled under it to find cracks in the tubular frame and delamination in the floor pans and supports. We left the keys on the hood and never looked back .. "nobody f's we me as a retired cop" only made us look harder.

The good news. Please don't f' with me as a retired .... but I went back to the evil, GM; wicked, mean and nasty but Bowling Green was a world away from Detroit.

I found a 1998 (stock motor @ 345 horses), in Carmine Red with an "oak" interior (like beige), with a matching convertible top. It has all of the options except for the "Pace Car" duplicate and with only 6,000 miles it was too good to pass up. Hard decision because I could have had a 2003 Z06 (405 horse), for $1,000 less but it had full "Billy Boat" cat back probably about 500 hp total and at 50,000 miles it had to have been run hard. The one I bought was a few hundred over KBB but with the low miles, it also came with a set of stock wheels in a box, new mats and a Hollywood car cover with a free mouse hole in it.

The Saabs? Are staying right at home and a few dollars may take my Combi one step up from the basic Vtune.

That and there is a restored Crosley down the road, all 58 horsepower of it. He wants $5g but ....
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Jay
    Saab(s)
    07 93 SC Aero 6spd
    Evil GM or not, I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Vette.

Congrats on the acquisition! Pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Note to new members: choose your user name carefully because it will stick with you for the rest of your forum life.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    No camera or scanner but if you Google up .......... mysterychevelle ..... and hit for sale, it is the second car down. Mike "mystery" is the Mr. Go To for all things Chevelle SS.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum