Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

saab 9-3 drain tubes locations

Hello. This is the second time I'm having a leak issue under the passenger side carpet and behind. There seems to be an accumulation of water that's only perceptible after long periods of rain. For instance, a good wash won't cause even any humidity.
    I've been told that these symptoms are exactly the same as the ones when a drain tube is clogged. Particularly in this case, it's location should be behind the ashtray and down bellow.
    Are there any schematics/instructions of this in order to try a quick fix ? Is it necessary to take off lot's of things or I should be able to do it by myself ?
    Thanks and regards.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave08 View Post
    Hello. This is the second time I'm having a leak issue under the passenger side carpet and behind. There seems to be an accumulation of water that's only perceptible after long periods of rain. For instance, a good wash won't cause even any humidity.
    I've been told that these symptoms are exactly the same as the ones when a drain tube is clogged. Particularly in this case, it's location should be behind the ashtray and down bellow.
    Are there any schematics/instructions of this in order to try a quick fix ? Is it necessary to take off lot's of things or I should be able to do it by myself ?
    Thanks and regards.
    Dave
    Ok, I've got the schematics on another forum. If anyone needs them, you could send a message. I don't know if it's allowed to publish them here...

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Are the schematics on a picture format? Why not post the pictures here? Yes you can post them here.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    Are the schematics on a picture format? Why not post the pictures here? Yes you can post them here.
    Ok, this helped. In my case the drains were clogged and the water went through a breach in the support of the cabin air filter.
    They put silicone around it and now it seems that water can no longer enter from there.
    Attached Images Attached Images