Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Jeremy H.
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1986 900 S 16v N/A

Power steering pump reservoir

Hello everyone,

I have recently got hold of an 86' SAAB 900 S 16V with 198,000 original miles. I have put on about 1500 with no major problems. She runs and drives almost perfectly. I have enjoyed driving and working on it immensely !!! I love my SAAB and had forgotten just how awesome these old cars were.

In the course of my maintenance and new owner tune up for an older used auto, I have ran into my first real hurdle with my blue beauty. While trying to remove the power steering pump reservoir from the old hoses, the nipples broke off. I have contacted every parts store, junk yard, and still functioning dealer I can find with no luck. Unfortunately, where I am, there are hardly any old SAABs anywhere. I am at an impasse and do not know what to do. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!! I can not drive her until I get this part and I want to be out on the road, not sitting in the garage :-( Thanks in advance for the advice/help.

Jeremy Hostetler

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Did you check specialized Saab used parts places like Goldwing Saab? Another good source may be Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market .

Welcome! I moved your thread from the new member introduction forum to the workshop so hopefully this will get some more exposure.

Jeremy H.
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1986 900 S 16v N/A
    Frank, thanks for the reply and referrals!! I checked both those sites with no luck, but I left my info and asked for quote so they will at least search and double check. It appears they use the same service and network as my local yard, but I gave them a go anyway. Never knew about Goldwing but its now on my bookmarks list.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    This thread lists many more but I am not sure about the availability of 900 parts.
    http://saabworld.net/f15/where-does-...ir-parts-1425/

This dealer has a large online parts database, including for the 900. I don't know if they would have it in stock but at least you can find a part number.
    Saab Parts - Authentic OEM Saab Parts direct from Jim Ellis Saab | Jim Ellis Saab Parts

Edward G
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    T5.5 84 900T8
    you will likely only find at a wreckers

remove the p/s pulley belt and you can drive without P/S with no harm to the P/S system - if you 'need' to drive your car in the meantime

try ebay a user called autonoel generally has a tonne of parts from broken c900s

I dont mean to refer to Saabcentral (I dislike the place and only mention it because you are in need of parts) but there a lot of people I know on there who could source you a P/S reservoir, if you join and post in classic 900 workshop you will get a tonne of responses....