Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 SE convertible

Oil leak

I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv that I bought from a dealer in March 2012. All of a sudden my oil light started flickering. I took it to NTB and they said I couldn't get an oil change because its leaking. I bought oil leak stop and 2 qts of syn oil and made it 5 miles before the light came on. It has 97,500 miles. I thing it's the oil pan gasket. I need some advice ASAP

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I am not a fan of any leak stop product. Why do you think it is the oil pan gasket? It's probably best to put the car on a lift and try to find out exactly where it is coming from.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    If it's the oil pan, you'll be able to tell just by looking at the underside of the gasket (which is what the shop probably did). Look under the car to see if there are any obvious leaks.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 SE convertible
    I took it to Precision Auto Tune and Repair and they did a diagnostic. They drained the 5 qts in I put in and replaced it. The oil light went out until I drove 8.9 miles on the highway. Once I drove on the streets, it didn't come back on. Even while running at idle for 15 minutes the light didn't come on. Went out this morning and noticed a small leak of oil still by the passenger side of the engine shield. Now, I put my finger in my coolant and noticed it was a little oily. The reason I did that was because the repair shop said that it looked a little dark. Also, even when they changed the oil (for free) they didn't change the oil filter.