Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06 Saab 9-3 Aero

electrical problems 9-3 aero

I have a 2006 9-3 Aero 2.8T 6spd, having electrical problems need help!
    symptoms:
    -battery drains if not driven every other day
    -when car is completely off, locked everything-radio screen glows on and off, headlight (not xenon bulb) barely flickers ever so slightly on and off same as the radio screen
    -when car is on everything functions properly throttle response is great never lagging

car is completely stock, no aftermarket radio, speakers, security, nothing

any information of any electrical problems associated with the 2006 9-3 aero please let me know anything!!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06 Saab 9-3 Aero
    other knowns: alternator is working properly giving out ~14V, brand new battery when problem first occurred- didn't help, all fuses are good

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero wagon
    The BCM or the UEC could be the problem. Both have caused issues. would start with the BCM 1st.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06 Saab 9-3 Aero
    Ok thank you for the reply! How would I test the BCM for problems? The UEC? what are these? related to the ECU in the trunk?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero wagon
    UEC is under the hood by the battery, The BCM is inside under the dash on the dr side. I would start with the bcm pull the fuse for it and see if the trouble stops. both could do it but I think the bcm is the one. Have you tried pulling the pos cable .let it sit @ 20min and try it again?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06 Saab 9-3 Aero
    I haven't tried pulling the positive battery cable. What would that be doing? Also which fuse is for the BCM? It doesn't specify in the owners manual

Tim Schlose
    Saab(s)
    2007 9,3 Aero S/C
    As a owner of a 07 Aero I have had the exact same problems, SEAR's hates me replacing the DIE HARD's numerous times. The question I will ask you is how many times have you spilled coffee on the Ignition switch? If you have not spilled anything on the ignition, then you have a negitive grounding issue. If you have spilled some liquid on the switch, it's you ISM (Ignition Switch Module) witch causes numerous problems including allowing a open circuit draining the battery ovefrnight, even new ones.

Tim