Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Aero

Aftermarket Stereo question.

Hello i have a 2004 9-5 Aero and while the stock stereo does sound nice i think i would much more enjoy a aftermarket instead. I have done a few searches and none really answer my question. All the aftermarket stereo install that i see are with a big double din stereo (ones that cost $$$$) and i dont know if i want to fork out that kind of money. So what i am wondering as long as you wire the deck so that it goes to the built in amps in the car with RCA cables you could use any aftermarket stereo, or am i missing something. To clarify when wiring it up you dont actually wire up speaker connections you just go to the amps already in the car via RCA cables? So as long as i get a deck that has RCA outs for the front and back i should be good right? Or am i just completely in left field?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    You got it right, it doesn't have to be a double-din and any aftermarket head unit will be fine. As long as it has pre-amp outputs, you can wire it directly to the amp in the 9-5 using the connector of the original head unit. Check out my tutorial with all the information you need to install a head unit using the pre-amp outputs.

http://saabworld.net/f29/double-din-...vic-f700bt-84/

Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 wagon, 1994 900se
    Recently purchased a 2002 9-5 wagon. And I'm also looking to put a aftermarket radio in. I like the posting of the Pioneer AVIC install. My question is....
    Will the install/setup be the same for a newer AVIC model ? I like the full touch screen idea. And is there a particular model I should be looking at.