Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. As usual, very busy and difficult to find a good photo opportunity.

From Miami Beach to Miami.

This is on Key Biscayne with an awesome view of Miami.

Heading back to Miami Beach with the Port of Miami in the background.

I spotted this 9-5 Aero on I-95. Still such a rare and unique car.

Today I am starting the trip back north. I wish I could stay longer but at least I am bringing back a Florida souvenir in the form of a 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero.

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi

Well?

We are all waiting to hear from Wulf regarding his trip from Florida to Michigan. Well, at least i am.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    He must have gotten delayed in the South, skipping from BBQ joint to BBQ joint.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Frank
    Saab(s)
    There is not a whole lot to report about the trip back. I started driving north on Friday and made it to Atlanta. I decided to take it a little slower on Saturday and checked out the Tail of the Dragon and drive through the Smoky Mountains. Hopped back on I-75 and stayed in northern Kentucky for the night. And from there it is more of I-75 towards Toledo and then another 5 hours to Northern Michigan.

About an hour from home, it started to snow. Quite a change from the mid-70s in Florida and hard to imagine I was taking pictures near the beach in Key West just 5 days ago.

The 9-5 made the trip without problems. I think it also has to get used to the cold weather but hasn't complained so far. It's a Saab after all and probably prefers the cold and snow over the heat and humidity.

Thanks again for the offer to stop by and stay at your place Mike. The thing with my driving trips is I usually don't know where I'll be staying the night or even the route I am taking.

I must have driven about 2500 miles in one week but it felt like less. On the drive home, I was already thinking about the next road trip...!

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    Thats ok and your welcome.
    This summer come on over to Escanaba and we'll plug your new Aero into my Tech II and fix it all up.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch
    So wait, I missed Frank getting a new (to him) car again?? I really need to be more consistent with getting on SW...
    2011 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch "Wolffe"

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brennan View Post
    Thats ok and your welcome.
    This summer come on over to Escanaba and we'll plug your new Aero into my Tech II and fix it all up.
    I may take you up on that, even though most Tech II settings were already to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lauzze View Post
    So wait, I missed Frank getting a new (to him) car again?? I really need to be more consistent with getting on SW...
    Yeah, you better not be hanging out more on other Saab forums.. I don't recommend that. I'll merge this with the original thread to keep it all in one place.

And I know, I have said this before but.. I think this is a keeper. I don't think I'll find a better 2004/05 9-5 Aero with this low miles ever again. I wish I could use it as a summer car only and make it a future classic. Hmmmm, maybe find a beater Saab for winter use only.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch
    Frank this is my only Saab forum, other than my postings on Facebook when White get's some new piece or part added. ;-)
    2011 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch "Wolffe"

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Frank ... you take really good care of my future 9-5 Aero ... I'll want it in at least as good a condition as the last one I got from you! ;-)
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Deals Gap or the Tail of the Dragon is in Tennessee and is considered a popular destination for motorbike and car enthusiasts. It's 11 miles long and is said to have 318 curves. I didn't count them all but the Saab was enjoying all of them. The 9-5 is actually a bit heavy for this kind of driving but it was still holding its own.

Several people kill themselves on this road every year so I didn't try to set any speed records or attempted to hang my 9-5 in a tree somewhere.

The nice thing about driving it at the end of November is that there was hardly any traffic so I didn't get stuck behind the family minivan on its way to the Smoky Mountains or a pack of Harley pirates that can take corners faster than 10 mph because they'll scrape their big fat bellies.

I have driven through the Smoky Mountains before and it always is a pretty amazing site to see and place to be.

And yes, they always look a bit smoky in the distance.

It's about 1800 miles / 2900 km from Key West to Boyne City. Great road trip.