Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamarocket630 View Post
    You have a sickness Frank.
    No doubt about that! Fortunately, it is not terminal and only slightly contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post

I'm a little different. I have this sickness in that I look at the 9-5 as a car that "them rich folks" drive and the 9-3 as the car for ordinary people. That's why I've always driven 900's and 9-3's, not 9000's and 9-5's. This doesn't make sense because the cars that I might buy in the future to replace my car costs more than a 2011 9-5, which are being sold at bargain prices.
    I like owning 'rich folks' cars where those folks paid for the depreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    So Frank, are you keeping the Linear or selling it?
    I am selling the Arc, can't keep two of them around. I think it is a good solid car so I am sure the next owner will get some good use out if it. 2004 Saab 9-5 Arc wagon - SaabWorld Marketplace

I'll be putting it on eBay in the next few days, I think I sold all my Saabs through eBay.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    I am disappointed. I thought Frank would have purchased the car he recommended that I buy back when I was teetering.

It was at the dealership in West Chester PA where one of the members now works. Sadly, as a very new demo it was too new and out of my price range at the time.

It was a very black interior and exterior with the ventilated leather quite posh, yet sporty ... the 2009 9-5 Griffin Combi. But I guess that leaves one for the old bucket list no?

If ever one comes my way at the right price it would be home in a minute. I know what you mean by too many cars. My son swore that he would jump at the chance to own our 1998 Volvo XC, since he is headed out west to work the ski season. Relatively low miles 115k, a full top Thule box for skis and AWD with new Altimax tires. That would give him lots of room. So I bought a Vette figuring I'd put what ever the Volvo needed into it and he could sell his 96 Saab (a bit beat), to give him a tidy bankroll and now at the last minute he backs out. So that will leave us with 2 9-3's and old Volvo and a Vette.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Not fair (to a point), but dealers here don't have to immediately license or transfer the title and skip it 6% tax. So if I want to buy and sell on a small scale, each transaction will cost me 6% over the top which leaves a fun/sport enthusiast like myself out of dealing for the most part. Or I am not allowed to keep a car on a residential property unless it has proper tags and it registered and insured. The only other option is to keep it in a barn with "a significant component" like the battery disconnected. Keeps the little guys out of the game.

I used to love keeping an old 914 in the yard and bit by bit bring it back to life.

Responding to Dave T and Franks's illness ...... something we all share around here. Perhaps if we can have this documented as a malady under the AMA we can get them to assist with our "therapy" .. ??
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I was always on the lookout for the perfect Saab. I m not sure if she exists but this one is pretty close. OK, no more buying Saabs for at least 5 years. This one should last a while.

The interior looks like new. The leather seats are near perfect, not even scuffs on the drivers seat bolster. All the buttons and top of the dash have this matte newness to them like it just came out of the showroom and never has been touched. Steering wheel looks new as well. It even has that Saab 9-5 smell.

The exterior has the typical cosmetic issues like a silver hood badge, lower front bumper damaged from parking curbs, a few door dings, scratch wheels and such. There is a dent/deep scratch on the hood but it is not to the bare metal. I think maybe have it fixed with paint-less dent removal and touch it up. Pirelli P6 tires are almost brand new.

Everything works as expected, it drives like it should and is pretty much near perfect. It's not often you find a 9-5 like this with only 41K miles and 1 previous owner. I drove around for a while today and am heading to Key West tomorrow. Should be fun.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2007 9-5 Aero Sport Combi
    Sounds like a good road trip and a long drive home

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Awesome, nice too see you have found THE ONE. Say hi to the Sunshine State for me, it was my home for 5 years. And we're looking forward to your usually great trip report!
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Sunshine State?? It has been cloudy and barely breaking 70 since I got here.

There probably isn't going to be much of a trip report this time so this thread is it. Perhaps it is because I have been to Florida so many times, the sense of exploring is a bit missing. It's different when you visit places for the first time.

Proof my Saab was in Key West! I wanted to park in front that marker but there was a line of at least 30 people waiting to have their picture taken! Crazy..

Some interior shots

I have been missing these wonderful sport seats.

Renato Piereck
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Sunshine State?? It has been cloudy and barely breaking 70 since I got here.
    Fun fact: Alaska actually gets more hours of sunshine a year than Florida, hence it is the real Sunshine State!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Today was a really nice sunny day in the lower 70s and could not be a better day for exploring the Keys.

Mallory Square this morning. I really should take some other touristy pictures without that Saab..

Being from the north, I still find palm trees awesome to look at.

Renato Piereck
    Saab(s)
    Frank, now I see your pin striping and I don't find it bad at all...