Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Working for SAAB

Working for Saab always has been on my mind since I was introduced to the brand 4 years ago. Saab North America is a logical choice but I don't really have any contacts there. And sending a resume to HR probably ends up in a file folder somewhere. There are many Saab dealers but many have cut staff with the economic slow-down and the state of Saab last year.

What about Saab in Trollhattan? Do they have a site with any openings or career opportunities? I assume knowledge of Swedish would be important but a new language can be learned.

Just looking for some ideas and am curious if anyone else has thought about this or can provide some tips or other information.

I am in serious need of a career change and get into the automotive business. My education and BBA degree is in automotive marketing/management/technology but I somehow got a start in IT a long time ago. I need change from work and my current location.
    Last edited by nordwulf; 16 August 2010 at 16:18.

Andy Graham
    modérateur
    Saab(s)
    '88 vert, '88 Aero
    Maybe you shouldn't reach so high, Wulf. Start at BMW and work your way up.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 Linear
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialTool View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't reach so high, Wulf. Start at BMW and work your way up.
    Lol now that's funny!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-3 SS Linear--gone, 06' 9-3 SC Aero--gone, 09' 9-3 SS Aero Auto--yeah
    Don't know about Sweden but you certainly aren't too far from the US headquarters. My dealer just told me last week that they are about 1/3 the size they were when with GM. I think I read about 50 employees. On the negative side with the automotive industry being what it is, especially in MI, I would think things are extremely tough and competitive. You never know though. Sweden OTOH is going to have a much more finite labor pool I would think.

So you're getting tired of Northern MI? Snow will be coming soon :-)

Saab(s)
    9/5 Aero M04 Silver Bullet
    I worked for four years from an authorized dealer of SAAB in Russia. I would very much like to work in Sweden at the plant, for example in the Division of audio systems such as

I think just on the plant site to find a vacancy will be difficult. will have to look at the site of the Swedish HR Agencies

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonFlash View Post
    So you're getting tired of Northern MI? Snow will be coming soon :-)
    The area is awesome but it lacks major industries so career opportunities are limited. We don't even have a Saab dealer anywhere near. I wouldn't look forward to move back to the Metro Detroit area but I'll make an excepetion to working in Royal Oak.