Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Tom
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 SE Convertible

2003 SE Convertible top questions

I've got a 9-3 SE Covertible that has some issues.
    First, there are some areas where the cloth is fraying (mostly edges, but one spot above the release handle). I was thinking of applying a small amount of epoxy to stop it, but I'm sure (hoping anyway) there is a more tried and true method that someone can share. (maybe due to the tops flexibility a silicone gasket sealer might be a better choice).
    Also, the top does absolutely nothing when I hit the button. I'll be checking the fuse tomorrow, but am wondering if there is a schematic of the top anywhere that I can reference. Again, I thought I would start at the fuse and then the switch and then ... you know, but knowing what and where woud be helpful. Also, someone may have a clue of what it could be (I'm still hoping the fuse- lol).
    Oh, the SID needs help as well!
    TIA! Tom

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Might want to give this a try for the fraying top: Amazon.com: StormSure Flexible Repair Adhesive 2x5g (.35oz): Sports & Outdoors

And hopefully someone here can post the top schematic that has the WIS. That should have it. But I would guess that something is up with your hydraulic pump for the top.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero wagon
    Hi, Top holes are bad, tape doesnt fix it, might get you by for a little but you will need a top if it has holes. Are you hearing any pump noise when you push the button? any SID messages? Could be many things, pump gear is bad, pistons leaked fluid out, u joint is broken.. wires broken to the pistons,a line split. trunk bag switch bad/loose. the owners man has a fuse chart. Good luck.can check wis if needed.

Tom
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-3 SE Convertible
    I ordered some stormsure - much better option that what I was considering, plus it's made for it. I don't need to patch any holes, just going to put it on some frayed areas in the cloth to end the fraying (hopefully).
    As far as the top working, I haven't been abe to do any looking so far. I had to change the blower regulator so the a/c / heat would work and replace a few lamp bulbs - success. The SID is toast at this point - will have to get it going next I guess just to see what else it might be trying to tell me. I've done a bit of reading about methods to fix the screen - seems semi-easy anyway. I'll probably do a quick check of the fuses and knock out the easy options at the same time. Right now, you unlock the top, hit the button and nothing happens or makes any noise anywhere.
    Washed it and waxed it yesterday - it needed it badly - sure looks nice! BTW; silver with a black top!