Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Incentive program

Some forum websites charge members for additional forum features. Others make money with advertisements using member content and don't share the profits with the members. There are car enthusiast websites that have stores where you can buy their stuff.

What if SaabWorld can reward their members? I am not talking paying members money but more like sending gifts of appreciation. And this would be based on post count. The more you post and help others, the more you get.

25 posts will get you a SaabWorld sticker for on your Saab, 250 posts a SaabWorld license plate holder, 500 posts a nice SaabWorld coffee mug, 1000 posts a Saab book and so on. The higher the post count, the nicer the gift. There are also plenty of official Saab accessories we can use from playing cards to pens and other cool stuff.

Any thoughts or other ideas?

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Sounds great to me! Very cool idea.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    It's also possible to have a monthly drawing. I'd like a Saab book or coffee mug. Another way is for someone, maybe a moderator to nominate some very helpful posts to

How about these ads on top? Do they generate money? I occasionally click on them when I see something interesting. The Mobil 1 ad reminded me to cash in on the Mobil 1 Rewards. In the U.S., if you buy 6 quarts of Mobil 1, send them your receipt and you will get either a Mobil 1 cap or a $5 gift certificate to several chain stores, like K Mart and Sears.

Joe
    Third Saab's a Charm Warren Demontague's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T

Incentive program

Sounds expensive. As the site grows, that's an expense that will never go away. It will keep increasing and increasing...

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    2010 9-3SS 2.0T AT (Sold)
    2006 9-3SS Arc 5-speed (RIP)
    2004 9-3SS Linear 5-speed (RIP)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    How about these ads on top? Do they generate money? I occasionally click on them when I see something interesting.
    You're not supposed to see the ads when you're logged in to the site. Those ads generate about $130 a month right now so enough to cover the cost of hosting the site, some sponsoring of Saab events and the rest can be made available for the stickers and incentive program.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Demontague View Post
    Sounds expensive. As the site grows, that's an expense that will never go away. It will keep increasing and increasing...
    But as the site grows, traffic grows and income from advertising grows as well. Perhaps it will give an incentive to people to post here more than all the other big for-profit Saab forums.

We could offer gifts or, if the member prefers, make a donation to the Saab museum in their name. Or even do both. We could add it all up once a year and make one larger donation once every year.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    We could offer gifts or, if the member prefers, make a donation to the Saab museum in their name.
    An excellent idea too.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 Linear
    As a new member to the site and to the Saab world in general, I think this sounds like an amazing idea. Because I am so excited about being a new Saab owner, I am on this site all the time now. Reading, getting ideas, and even asking questions. The Jeep communtiy has similar sites, as do all hobbies/ interests, and I haven't seen a lot of this membership rewarding. I love the idea.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    But as the site grows, traffic grows and income from advertising grows as well. Perhaps it will give an incentive to people to post here more than all the other big for-profit Saab forums.

We could offer gifts or, if the member prefers, make a donation to the Saab museum in their name. Or even do both. We could add it all up once a year and make one larger donation once every year.
    I don't see it so much as a matter of financials, but more a matter of work. Who is going to mail out all the stuff? I know I have a hard time even visiting the site some days, and I still haven't sent out the last few stickers I have to the people who have already sent me money (if you're reading this, I just need to get the rest of my stickers).

I like the idea if someone can do it. I'd like to help out too, but I couldn't say that I'd be 100% dependable.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    I don't see it so much as a matter of financials, but more a matter of work. Who is going to mail out all the stuff? I know I have a hard time even visiting the site some days, and I still haven't sent out the last few stickers I have to the people who have already sent me money (if you're reading this, I just need to get the rest of my stickers).

I like the idea if someone can do it. I'd like to help out too, but I couldn't say that I'd be 100% dependable.
    It will be quite a challenge to mail items and keep track of who gets what. And mailing items to other continents can get pretty expensive.

Perhaps it is better and easier to use plan B and make a donation to the Saab museum or other good cause at the end of the year of the money that is left over. So basically by being a contributing member here, you're supporting the Saab Museum or other good Saab cause instead of filling the pockets of a faceless for-profit commercial organization.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    How about Plan C, which would be Plan B plus a raffle for a few trinkets? To reduce administrative effort, each member could decide for themselves if they qualify for the raffle, which could be 1 entry for a certain number of posts, perhaps with a maximum of 5 entries. Each member would then follow the instructions to submit only the number of entries that they qualify for. Frank could choose simply by displaying the list on his computer, close his eyes and point to a few. Entries could even be made by starting a thread by posting "1 entry for me"

I always like the idea of a chance of winning even if the chances are small.