Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9 -5 Aero
    should I also order the O rings for the turbo pipe that has to be removed as well

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2007 9-5 Aero Sport Combi
    Replace any o-ring that has to be disturbed.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Mine is still loosing coolant and had to add quite a bit yesterday. There was some coolant on the ground to the front left of right front wheel so the area where the water pump is.

It only leaks when it is very cold outside and never happens in summer or when the engine is warm.
    Wulf... after replacing the adapter pipe o-rings 3 years ago my 2005 started losing coolant again; same symptoms - a small amount on the ground when cold, and a coolant odor when warm. I pulled the water pump again a few weeks ago expecting to find the orings leaking again but they looked great and no signs of leaks. I flipped the pump over and discovered it has been seeping out of the weep hole for quite a while. New water pump - problem solved.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thanks Yamarocket. I was going to replace just the o-rings but will replace the water pump as well. The Hepu pump kit sells for about $65 from eEuro so that would be an inexpensive fix. Just need to replace the pump and not the housing, right? I assume Hepu is good quality. The OEM Saab pump kit is almost $100 more.

SAAB Engine Water Pump Kit 93166829 - Hepu P606 - Free Shipping
    Genuine SAAB Engine Water Pump Kit 93166829 - Free Shipping

What about Meyle? So many different brands for water pumps..
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/saa...9-5-93166829my

You can get them even for $32 but that's probably not a good idea.
    Engine Water Pump GMB 158 2010 Fits 99 09 Saab 9 5 2 3L L4 | eBay

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Yep. Just the pump. The housing should be fine. The aftermarket "new"pumps are generally just as good as oem. Just avoid remanufactured pumps at all costs.

I've installed many new aftermarket pumps over the years and never had a single failure that I'm aware of. The last reman pump I ever installed failed catastrophically after just a few months.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9 -5 Aero
    Did anyone have a hard time putting the metal intake pipe back on? I can't get it to connect

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    The turbo intake pipe? It takes some finesse to get it lined up before you tighten up the clamp. Make sure the clamp is loose enough when trying to install the pipe, otherwise it will really be difficult.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9 -5 Aero
    Im still having a time getting it back on. does the clamp suppose to go around this stud or underneath some how? Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  43.2 KB

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Line that up with the "open" part of the clamp where the screw to tighten it is. I believe there is another notch in the clamp that will line up with the protrusion at the top. Hold the pipe in place by hand as you tighten the clamp and make sure the clamp grabs onto the groove in the pipe and on the turbo. You may have to grab the clamp by hand and work it into place after you tighten it up some. When the clamp is properly lined up it will grab the grove on both sides and pull them together compressing the o-ring slightly as it tightens.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9 -5 Aero
    you have a pic?