Spyker's new website

Hi,
    Just wanted to let you know that Spyker was released it's new website:

Spykercars

Tim

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It sure looks much better than the previous one they had. There wasn't a whole lot of information on there.

They are overdoing it a bit on the Heritage part. There really isn't any heritage of the first Spijker company in the current one besides the name and the logo.

Tim Schlose
    Saab(s)
    2007 9,3 Aero S/C
    I agree but it's the spin..... am waiting for the pictures of the new line of Spyker cars based on the SAAB Phoenix platform that are to be above the 9.3 in luxury (and probably $$) hopping Jason C. has a help in design.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Yeah, on the heritage part... not too different from GM's "Born From Jets" for Saab! Pure marketing hype. I guess "Born From Props" doesn't sound as exciting...

I'm also curious as to what the new Phoenix-based Spyker will look like. Of course it will have a stratospheric price and be the kind of car you will see in pictures inbstead of in person, but I'm curious nonetheless.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Frank
    Saab(s)
    This Spyker-Youngman deal is going to be interesting. The Phoenix platform just seems suited for mass-market production and not for a highly specialized small car company like Spyker. Not sure what Youngman is going to get out of it either.

Spyker Phoenix shall develop and manufacture a new full range of premium car models based on the Phoenix platform which models will be positioned higher than the comparable Saab models were. Spyker Phoenix products may be manufactured in Europe and China as the case may be.
    On a side note, I was in Miami Beach last month and saw a Spyker cruising Ocean Boulevard. I think this was the first Spyker I have seen in the wild. Between all the high-end Italian and German cars, it definitely is something different and does turn heads.

Tim Schlose
    Saab(s)
    2007 9,3 Aero S/C
    It is interesting, I believe that Youngman will be producing the car line for China and the European production for the rest of the world. Here is others thoughts:
    Press Release:Spyker & Yougman sign framework agreement for 29.9% stake, JV & Phoenix - Spyker Owner Forum

Tim

Tim Schlose
    Saab(s)
    2007 9,3 Aero S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    This Spyker-Youngman deal is going to be interesting. The Phoenix platform just seems suited for mass-market production and not for a highly specialized small car company like Spyker. Not sure what Youngman is going to get out of it either.

On a side note, I was in Miami Beach last month and saw a Spyker cruising Ocean Boulevard. I think this was the first Spyker I have seen in the wild. Between all the high-end Italian and German cars, it definitely is something different and does turn heads.
    I took a test drive in a C8 Spyder SWB at Pebble Beach during the 2004 Monterey Week. My father -in- law and I went over the the Ferrari's '50th in the USA' event and when we came out the Spyker people were offering drives, I took one....

Frank, thought you would like this:
    Jay Leno's Garage

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    I like that the C8 is one of those cars that isn't afraid to not look like everybody else. It has quite a unique design and the interior is fantastic with the exposed shifting rod, and the turned dash. The overall body design of the car is also very captivating, with its narrow front end and wide "hips" on the rear. Whoever designed the C8 did an outstanding job.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Even the guys at Top Gear liked it. It'll be a great car to park next to your other exotics in your 6-car garage.