Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 9-3

Almost complete audio system upgrade

So I'm looking to upgrade basically all of the major audio components in my 2007 Saab 9-3 to get a really good setup going. These are my subs: CompVR aluminized Sub Boxes | KICKER here is the amp I have for them: Rockford Fosgate® - R1000-1D. Now, I want to replace the front door speakers, the stereo and the dash speakers. If at all possible I'd also like to install another amp if that's viable. Also considering the rear speakers but not sure. Can anyone offer me good replacements for these? I'm looking at spending about $400 more (I got the first two on the cheap and I'm assuming I can do that for the rest).

I've heard the front door speakers and the stereo can be a real hassle, are there products that get around the major problems? I'm looking to do little to no modding of the car itself, if possible. Finally, any tips or suggestions? Thanks for any input.

Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 9-3
    So I'm thinking Infinity Kappa 32.9cf 3-1/2" 2-way car speakers for dash speakers and down to Kicker KS600 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers, Polk Audio db651s 6-1/2" 2-way shallow-mount car speakers, and Pioneer TS-A1674R 6-1/2" 3-way car speakers for the front doors. Considering the sub I have, should I bother going for the 3-way speakers or one of the 2-way ones? Are there disadvantages to the cheaper 3-way sets that I don't see? Anyways, would these be good fits for my setup and if not, what should I be looking towards? Also forgot to mention that I have the Premium 150 speaker setup, if that matters. Sorry for all the newbie questions, I barely know what I'm doing and learning as I go. Anyways, guess it's time to look for amps/stereos.

Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 9-3
    So for the amp I'm thinking the Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4 4-channel car amplifier 50 watts RMS x 4 or the Rockford Fosgate Punch P500-4 4-channel car amplifier — 60 watts RMS x 4 for about $30 more. Would it be worth it to go the little bit extra for 500W one? Also briefly considering the JL Audio XD400/4 4-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4 if it would really be worth it. Plus I'm concerned with the bass from the sub overpowering everything else, would these be appropriate counter-solutions to ensure a well-rounded sound or should I worry?

Also for the stereo, how does the amplification of the stereo itself match up with amps? Is it a case of more power the better or would I be running some risks by doing that? Also, I'm completely lost on which stereos would be a good fit if any, suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Saab(s)
    '07 9-3

So what did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Saab9^3 View Post
    So for the amp I'm thinking the Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4 4-channel car amplifier 50 watts RMS x 4 or the Rockford Fosgate Punch P500-4 4-channel car amplifier — 60 watts RMS x 4 for about $30 more. Would it be worth it to go the little bit extra for 500W one? Also briefly considering the JL Audio XD400/4 4-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4 if it would really be worth it. Plus I'm concerned with the bass from the sub overpowering everything else, would these be appropriate counter-solutions to ensure a well-rounded sound or should I worry?

Also for the stereo, how does the amplification of the stereo itself match up with amps? Is it a case of more power the better or would I be running some risks by doing that? Also, I'm completely lost on which stereos would be a good fit if any, suggestions would be hugely appreciated.
    Looking at doing a similar upgrade. Installed a set of Infinity Reference 9633 6x9's in the rear deck - made a big difference - now looking to do an amp upgrade. Did you complete yours? How did it go?

Shane
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t, 2006 9-3 Aero
    Doesn't look like anyone has responded and may be too late. Anyway, this is a link to a great setup for audio. I'm looking to do a similar setup. His placement of the amps may not be ideal for newer cars. Looks like they altered the side panels in the trunk to add space. His are flat. So, I have to decide a better place for my amps. Might choose under the front passenger seat and run speaker wire from there.

Saba’s ES2 150/7 Stereo Upgrade, OR 'How To Add Aftermarket Amps/Speakers to '03-'06 - SaabCentral Forums
    When a Saab dies, the world becomes a little less quirky.

Mark Niskanen
    Saab(s)
    '04 9-3 ARC SS, 04 9-5 Aero Combi
    Quote Originally Posted by Saab9^3 View Post
    go with the 500 watt amp, the amplification on the deck does not matter at all, you will be using the pre-outs to send signal to the amplifiers and not using the internal amplifier of the deck at all.