Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2009 9-5

Hi All:
    New member from AZ - 1st time Saab owner, 2009 9-5 bought new in 12/09, 34,000 miles on it. Since moving to Tucson in March 2012 have been getting warranty and oil changes and preventative work done at Legends Cadillac in Scottsdale, AZ. Great Aussie mechanic that is their Saab guy by the name of Ian. Anyone tell me how I can tell if I have Xenon or halogen headlamps as I need to replace one. Already read the Safety Warnings if dealing with Xenon. Thanks!
    Dave

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Hello and welcome. If your headlights move down and up when you start the engine, you have Xenon lights. They were part of the visibility package so if you have rear park assist, you'll also have the Xenon lights.

When replacing Xenon bulbs, it is best to replace them both at the same time. One will follow the other soon and there will be a color difference between a new and old bulb.

Any pictures of your 9-5 to share?

Saab(s)
    2009 9-5
    Thanks Frank! No pics at this time - same color as your 9-5 Aero Sportwagon. Have just been reading a lot of your Technical posts - GREAT JOB!! Very clear, concise info - I can see you're the "go to guy" here. My headlamps don't move up/down so I guess I have Halogens- I will replace both at the same time though. Any recommendations on brand, etc.? Also, will my owners manual give me NGK plugs number for my 2.3 Turbo? Thanks again!

Dave

Tim Schlose
    Saab(s)
    2007 9,3 Aero S/C
    Dave,
    Welcome aboard! My youngest daughter just drove back to Scottsdale today, she starts student teaching in Scottsdale on Monday My wife's family all live there, so the next time I'm out I'll contact you and we can get together for a beer.

Tim

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSAAB9-5 View Post
    I can see you're the "go to guy" here. My headlamps don't move up/down so I guess I have Halogens- I will replace both at the same time though. Any recommendations on brand, etc.? Also, will my owners manual give me NGK plugs number for my 2.3 Turbo?
    We're all go-to-guys-and-girls here. Sylvania, Philips or any other well-known brand brand should be fine.

NGK PFR 6H-10 platinum are the right plugs for your 2.3T engine. Not cheap at about $12 each but they should last for a while.