Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Saab(s)
    9-3 2.0t '11 + Hirsch Stage1/BSR

Traction Control Failure. Contact Service

Ok so it might be a cause of little bit of washer fluid (close by) poured out on UEC? i'll check it tomorrow.

Saab(s)

Traction Control Failure. Contact Service

All wires are good. All plugs fine too. Alternator might be ok, but i'm doing some longer measure:

It's always shows 14,3-14,6.

We belive to ESP module is broken, but first want to check the rest. ECU will be the last step of my investigation
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saab(s)
    Maybe it's a battery... hm. Still looking.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Was the measurement of the 17 volts recording(s) performed exactly as the 14.5 V ones regarding equipment, point of connecting probes etc?

Your initial post includes "wet weather" as an environmental part of your findings. Was that the case at the time of the 17 volts recording as well? "Brine", following salt being used for clearing icy roads (don't know if that is done in your country), has a perfect conductivity for all sorts of peculiar behaviours.

Just another shot in the dark(ness): Was engine cleaning, included use of water, done previous to the 17V finding?

Saab(s)
    It was never been cleaned, i'mean engine. Salt is beeing used in my country, but my problem started in september, so it was much ealier than ice on the roads.

Saab(s)
    When it's cold outside, it's okay. So for about over 1 week without any check engine... so damn strange thing.

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 aero convertible
    I have a 2008 9-3 aero convertible and its reading stability traction control failure. When I'm driving the rpm revs up and it won't witch into second gear

Saab(s)
    I've already changed battery, checked almost every wire and nothing better. When it's wet outside, it's shows ESP and Stability with turning off engine... Sometimes i need to unplug battery wires to start the engine/clear logs/bugs...i'm ready to burn my car and throw it into a river

harry
    Saab Enthusiast SatchSportSedan's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Sport Sedan B207E 150Hp
    Stability Traction Control failure warning messages:

First of all, these vehicles, create a lot off sudden 'unreal' error warning messages,
    which tend to ReSet themselfs,... So dont immediate panic, you know how your cars should drive ;-)

I've these (and others) message sometimes, but don't bother about it, until I would experience really something odd in driving.

As a good technician should know: when troubleshooting a not so obvoius problem, one should be able to create it,
    and there's often found the culprit ;-)))

This STC-error I can create when for example having the wheels from ground, and let engine run in gear, stop one wheel,...
    And there you will have it, on the display. It only detects a discrepancy, between spinning wheels.

Moreover, I've read somewhere, that just a bad battery negative grounding connection can create this aswell, did not yet try this one out,
    but will when I am due to a new batery. Big thick grounding lead lies underneath battery holder plastic needs to be removed.

One other way of creating such 'fake' error message, seems when charging battery, with it still connected to vehicles electricity:
    when voltage goes above let say 15Volts, this can occur at my display, when first time starting. But disappears after,...

The same voltage raise above 14.4V, creates also bad starting behavior.
    I pressume due to Spark-Ingnition timing & Fuel-injection amount regulation, adaptive to actual onboard battery voltage.
    You should test it, in between good starting (when not charged), and immediate after charging starting in the same envirronmental conditions.

Hope this helps a bit in understanding how way too much over-electronisation create lots of 'unexplainable' havoc;
    ALL you often need to do, is don't bothering too quick, just restart,...
    If something really bad went wrong, one will notice it very quickly ;-)

Happy fiddling.
    Everything is simple ,regarding time spend

Saab(s)
    I was able to live with this problem but last bugs don't allow to start a car. Chcek engine, shutting down and then you should replug battery to reser all errors. Sometimes it helps for 20 minutes and again, same check engine... I got a new battery, new throttle body, checked all wires plugs, checked a lastest software update.

Bad connection with a computer and ESP. So it might be ESP module, ABS module, Speed sensor or something else. Still looking...