Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 93 2008

Traction Control Failure. Contact Service

I've been told its a CIM failure now. Second car won't work, left me stranded at work. Anyone know where to get one and what's involved etc?

Saab(s)
    2005 93t Linear
    Just had mine do the same thing with ABS light as well. Took the sensor out of right rear wheel, cleaned and reinstalled. While I was doing so, found a wire broken about 8" from connector. Repaired and no problem now.

Saab(s)
    9-3 2.0t '11 + Hirsch Stage1/BSR

Hm, our Saab Offical Dealer in Poland told me to change Throttle Body because of TCS failure. Didn't help.

Check Engine with Traction Control Failure always shows when it's wet outside... Today (3 months after a first check) i had a Stability Control Failure. Funny thing. I need to check all the wires first, then CIM, ECU maybe, but they cost a lot...

I've got 9-3 2011, 2.0t, Hirsch Stage1, 36 000 km. Quite problematic and strange "bug" for a fresh car i think...

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Aero, 2002 9-5 wagon, 2007 9-3 Aero, '93 9000 CSE, 7 vintage Saabs
    Without reading all codes with a Tech2 everything is just guessing.

Mark

Saab(s)

You're right. Internal control modul malfunction, P1610 in my car (checked with a Tech2).

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    So...now if you can take the boot off the throttle body and move the throttle plate without any binding or crunching noises, then you need a new T8 ECU. Maybe your aftermarket tune experts can help you. Otherwise you need a new ECU and then re-do the Hirsch upgrade.

Mark

Saab(s)

Ok, it cost a lot but it's fine when this is the right repair. I'll try to check all the wires, battery, alternator - i got 17V ! (not a 14.5V) - all the cheapest things. If will not help, i'll order a new T8 ECU and "re-install" Hirsch software.

Silly question, if i'll not do anything with it (a lot of work, no free time everyday), what could happen with Saab with every-monday-check engine dissmissed by me? It would not start someday... ?

... Last thing, i had change a driving wheel year ago (Linear -> Vector) and... Maybe it's somenthing went wrong with a connection/CIM?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Wait a sec.... 17V alternator?

The new T8 ECU will have to be married to the car with a Tech2 and security access.

The steering wheel would have to be matched with the steering wheel switches. If they don't match then you have to reprogram the CIM to match your setup. The CIM will still resoind properly for starting and steering lock functions even if you have the wrong software switches for the steering wheel when it was replaced.

Mark

Saab(s)
    Yes, 17V.

Last/First owner changed a driving wheel without programming a CIM year ago, and he changed his mind and turned back to a stock wheel after 1 month. Without programming a CIM too. So might be a cause of not doing it propertly...?

You said this is a must.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    If the original steering wheel had switches for radio control etc, then the new steering wheel, in order to function properly, would have to reprogram the CIM *IF* the new steering wheel didn't have exactly the same switches as the original one. I hope that's clear now. If he didn't do any reprogramming, even if it had different switch array, and changed back to the original wheel he would NOT have to reprogram the CIM.

Also, if the alternator says 17V it doesn't mean the unit will produce a charging rate, once installed in the car, of 17 Volts. The charging system rate in your car would never exceed approximately 14.5V and it would usually hover around 14.0