Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    04 9-5 Arc Wagon

ACC display lighting issue

I have the SAAB pulled off the road waiting for parts (ball joints) so I thought I'd take care of a few nuisance items, such as a burned out bulb in the control buttons. When I put in the new one and plugged the unit back in, the new one lit up, but not the rest. After a short while, none of the bulbs light. Am I missing something? I'd really hate to spend another $50 replacing all the bulbs if I don't have to.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    04 9-5 Arc Wagon
    I replaced the bulbs with bulbs that I knew were good, but all of the sockets behind the selector buttons on the ACC are dead (double checked the contacts with my meter). The display panel (where it shows the temperature selected) works fine. I'd like to check the wire or contact at the socket next; does anyone have access to the wiring diagram to figure out which wire leads to the 5 lower light bulbs in the back of the ACC unit? Again, the three upper bulbs work fine. I want to check everything I can before I either decide to replace the unit or live with it being dark.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    did you get the CORRECT bulbs for the unit? Different components have different bulbs...
    you need x8 of the # 12768303 bulbs for the ACC Control Panel

SID takes x6 of the # 4087482 bulbs
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    04 9-5 Arc Wagon
    Yes, I have the correct bulbs, and they're good. There are eight bulbs in the ACC unit; three for the display, and five for the control buttons. The three for the display work perfectly, but the five behind the buttons do not. I even put my meter on the contacts for the bulbs, and there is no voltage when the lights are switched on.

Saab(s)
    2008 95 2.3T, 2003 95 3.0t
    Blown fuse?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    04 9-5 Arc Wagon
    The fuse that runs the ACC is also for the interior lights and some other items, and it's fine; the ACC works perfectly other than the buttons to adjust the temp or vent outputs do not light up. I was trying to find out which wire in the ACC harness was for the selector button lights, so I can determine if it's the unit itself or the wiring. Since I can at least see what temp the ACC is set for, and it runs automatically anyway, I guess I just live with the dark buttons.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2005 9-5
    I just had the same issue. But I noticed 2 things:

1. I was replacing the burnt bulb while ACC display unit is on
    2. During the screw in process I got some smoke coming out from one of the bulb, then after pulling it out I noticed the other bulb (on the lower level) remained on all the time until I pulled it out. After a minute, put it back and the lower level never came back up.

Any thoughts?

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    It may be best to have the ACC unplugged or the Neg on the battery removed before attempting to replace the bulbs.
    I just did the Window control and the shifter. The window control I unplugged before changing, and the shifter (different bulb all together) the key was out and the car off.
    I have a few more bulbs to do in the heated/cooled seat buttons and behind the display of the ACC on the drivers side.
    I would like to find out why Guy doesn't have power to the contacts...

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    So I was driving out of town on the highway today and noticed my ACC lights have all started to work....? They weren't like that earlier. On the left side top was very dim ware it has the top half of the #'s and a little of the fan speed.
    It all works now. Don't know why. It just started.
    I expect it won't keep working.

Saab(s)
    9-5
    So I realize that this post is a bit old, but, I have the exact issue that guynamedguy has, with a 2005 9-5 ACC unit, with the top three lights for the display working, but the bottom 5 for the buttons not working. I had an issue where the battery just died one day, had to get a jump, and that blew the radio fuse and these 5 lights. The radio fuse was easy, but, I can't figure out why these 5 lights won't work, when the other 3 in the unit do. Looking for any ideas on what fuse/wire is in control of this that might be blown/shorted/etc. Appreciate any insight.