Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1996 Saab 9000 Aero

1996 Saab 9000 won't start

I just bought this Saab today for my first car. It's really nice and runs fine, when I can start it. We drove it home, and when we tried to start it again, it wouldn't start. You could only hear it crank, and it would hold that noise for as long as the key was turned. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it? The seller said something about the terminal, but I didn't really understand what he was talking about. I don't have to drive it for a few months, which is a good thing at the moment, but I would at least like it to be running when I do drive it.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Is it a Turbo?
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Will it start when cold or not at all? first guess would be crank position sensor.
    The EFI (turbo) system will not pump gas or fire spark if it does not see a signal that the motor is rotating.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Quote Originally Posted by jskrebs View Post
    Will it start when cold or not at all? first guess would be crank position sensor.
    The EFI (turbo) system will not pump gas or fire spark if it does not see a signal that the motor is rotating.
    In the same turn if the CPS IS working - check for POWER @ the fuel pump connector via the sub trunk access panel. Could be a crapped out fuel pump. Rebuilding them is rather simple and affordable verses replacing the assembly in whole.

Also - if it's a Direct Ignition Cassette car - the DIC could be defective. These can go bad and create a no start.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    probbably your DI is dead i had sam issue when DI died cause of engine cleaning ,also check your fuel pump,relays and alternator buy new spark NGK plugs and motor starter and last change your battery and battery cables preventive ,.. and buy obd comp,.. i need to buy one

where can we buy for low price OBD computer for saab 9000?