Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    88' 9000 2.0i, 05' 9-5 Aero 345HP, 11' 9-4X Aero Hirsch
    yes, press "eco" button. so the car accelerate and drive gently and throttle body error wont show up often

btw you got 2 nice cars, can you please compare 9-4 aero vs 9-5, which one is better and why, on every parameter.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 Aero Hirsch | 2011 9-4x Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by kurwa311 View Post
    yes, press "eco" button. so the car accelerate and drive gently and throttle body error wont show up often

btw you got 2 nice cars, can you please compare 9-4 aero vs 9-5, which one is better and why, on every parameter.
    They're each different and I am a sedan guy so it makes it harder but I must admit that the 9-4x is a much funner car to drive. It wants to lunge forward, it is very peppy, very maneuverable. I would dare say it accelerates faster than the 9-5 although I don't believe that is true in theory.

My complaint with the 9-4x is that the cabin is quite small and does not have a lot of space for other occupants, but I do like the ECO mode and the fact that it has a backup camera. The fact that this last feature is missing from the 9-5 is very disappointing. All-in-all I like both cars and they each satisfy a different need. I previously had a Turbo X Manual which I crashed/totaled. I miss that car from the standpoint of its aesthetics and sportiness but it was small and uncomfortable to drive, particularly for business.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 Aero Hirsch | 2011 9-4x Aero

9-4X Mass Air Flow Sensor Error P0101

So I finally got my OBD2 reader and plugged it in since I got my CEL on again. First time I brought it to Boston Volvo and they told me there were no codes, just old stuff that they cleared out. When it came back, decided it was time for my own investigation. So it is a P0101. I take it that replacing a TB is not easy and I should just take it to Boston Volvo . . . suggestions anyone?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    I have replaced my throttle body my self in the garage with hand tools. Its not difficult and can be easily done DIY. Obviously if you have no mechanical ability just take it to the dealer but over all its not a hard task.

Saab(s)
    11 9-4x Aero, 10 9-5 Aero, 94 900S Convertible

Thanks for the details!

This thread is going to be a lifesaver. Had it in to dealer twice and now can't pass emissions, plates expired.

Spoke to dealer service and they're ordering a throttle body which can be replaced under my warranty. Fingers crossed, but it sounds like that will solve the problem! So tired of clearing those codes to get my remote start to work...