Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    02 SAAB 95 2L Automatic

Brake Issues

Recently I had a garage replace all 4 pads n discs .

Since then on the first journey (and subsequently if the car has been at rest for a few hours) of the day it apprears if the front brakes seem to be coming on by them selves and rubbing.

The brake pedal is stiff and right at the top as opposed to the usual little give and getting to speeds @ 60 causes a significant vibration in the steering wheel. When I stop there is a distinct smell from the front tyres and the discs all round are significantly hot.

The problem will disappear after travelling at speed on a motorway for sometime and the Brake pedal returns to normal.

If I stop for a time after first start up and then return to the road all is as it should be.

I've returned to the garage who replaced the discs n pads they are at a losss as to what it can be.

How do I get to the bottom of this problem.

Thanks

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Perhaps have another garage look at it and check the discs, pads and make sure the brake caliper moves freely? Strange problem indeed.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    02 SAAB 95 2L Automatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Perhaps have another garage look at it and check the discs, pads and make sure the brake caliper moves freely? Strange problem indeed.
    They only thing they haven't done is bleed the whole system would this help?