Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 SS 2.0T ARC

Is my HID bulb going?

My car was sitting in my garage for the past week while I waited for NAPA to get me my new starter. Anyway I've had it on the road for the past 2 days and I noticed while I was letting it warm up today that the driverside HID is now a bit dimmer and also a white shade instead of the regular blue tint to it like the passenger HID. Is this the bulb going? or something else?

Thanks
    2004 SAAB 9-3 ARC 2.0T 5Spd A/T 153XXXKM

Tim Schlose
    Saab(s)
    2007 9,3 Aero S/C
    How old are the bulbs? As HID bulbs age, the color will change and seem less bright. If one of your bulbs was replaced without the other, you will see a difference. Always change both bulbs. Also as the bulb ages the chemical changes will also discolor the projector lens.

Tim

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 SS 2.0T ARC
    Quote Originally Posted by Abarth View Post
    How old are the bulbs? As HID bulbs age, the color will change and seem less bright. If one of your bulbs was replaced without the other, you will see a difference. Always change both bulbs. Also as the bulb ages the chemical changes will also discolor the projector lens.

Tim
    Thats the thing I bought this car in October and I don't know when the previous owner changed them. I guess I'm going to have to through the PITA task of swapping them and seeing what happens.
    2004 SAAB 9-3 ARC 2.0T 5Spd A/T 153XXXKM

Saab(s)
    2007 9-3
    Changing the HID bulbs on a 9-3 isn't a PITA, it's not even to be considered "moderately difficult". In fact it's easier than changing out a regular bulb on the same car, since there's more room.