Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X, '07 9-5 Combi, '99 Viggen, '88 900t, '87 ASFT, '85 SPG, '72 96
    I doubt I will go, at least I wont drive, I have to attend a funeral with my old boss Vinny from NY at Arlington on the 2nd.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Sorry to hear that, funerals are never fun.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Press Release from Annette Adams, SOC'12 Board President:

Iowa City/Coralville, Iowa will be the place to be for the annual SAAB Owner’s Convention sponsored by Iowa City SAAB and Meyer Garage. Cars and enthusiasts from across the US will gather for the annual get together. The event kicks off Thursday evening with the sponsor’s dinner. This is a way for us to say “thank you” to all of our event sponsors and begin the festivities. Convention attendees are also invited to attend this event if they wish.

Friday’s big event is the opening of the parts tent. A treasure trove of SAAB parts will be on hand for purchase and better yet, UPS shipping will be available onsite to get your treasures home. Clothing items will be on hand this year as well. Newly formed SAAB Parts of North America will be on hand to answer all your questions regarding parts availability in the future.

Tom Donney, of Tom Donney Motors & Fort Dodge Transmissions, will be bringing a selection of his collection of vintage SAAB vehicles, many of which were part of the SCNA Heritage Collection. These vehicles, along with others, will be displayed in an air conditioned “SAAB MUSEUM WEST” at the Coralville Marriot Convention and Conference Center. Technical sessions covering everything from SAAB 2-strokes running at Bonneville to how to purchase a used 9-5 will be held on Friday and Saturday.

Friday will wrap up with the Mile Hi Body Shop banquet and entertainment in the Museum by Deadnote, an up and coming Iowa band. Then, you better rest up for a full day of Saturday events!

Saturday will kick off with breakfast and the SAAB Club of North America board meeting. Then clean up those SAABs and get them moved to the Genuine SAAB/Taliaferro Imports Showfield for the Concours d’SAAB and People’s Choice. Line-up will begin at 9am along with the swap meet booths. There’s no charge for a space, so clean out your garages and make some extra cash!

Voting for People’s Choice will run all day until the line-up for the traditional group photo. Be alert so you’re sure to be included in this fun keepsake. The Tom Donney Motors/Fort Dodge Transmission Awards Banquet will be held Saturday evening in the ballroom, with a special guest speaker. Parking lot socializing will round out the evening.

On Sunday, a short round table event to discuss future conventions will be held. Your input will be vital to help decide the direction of future events. Following the round table, the SAAB Club Charity Auction will begin. There will be many unique items on hand for the auction as well as a few items graciously donated by the Bob Sinclair family.

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    So, is anyone going?

My son (Sam, 14 years old now and this will be his 5th event I think) and I are heading out early Thursday morning with the intention of arriving while registration is still open.

So, post them up ... who is going and who wants to meet up?
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca