Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan

Convincing NEVS to keep production at Trollhattan

Reading the recent articles about a petrol and diesel powered 9-3 possibly being continued this year is of course incredibly exciting, and the fact that NEVS plans to build a number of them back in Trollhattan at the home of our beloved car maker for a while is even better.

However, in another article I was reading online, it says that NEVS may be planning for only temporary production in Sweden before moving it all to China. Of course it will be great that Saabs will again be available, but I think all us fans and followers of the brand throughout the world should do our best to convince NEVS that without production at Sweden, how will a Saab feel the same and would we have different feelings if we bought a new one with it not coming from the birthplace of one of the greatest car manufacturers to grace the earth.

Just imagine how the founders would feel now to see that their brand may no longer ever have a potential future at Trollhattan, such a historic place.

Any other thoughts on this?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    NEVS is a Chinese company. Their business plan aims at manufacturing electric cars for the Chinese market. The city of Qingdoa is heavily investing in this company. It seems obvious they couldn't care less about production in Trollhattan.

The Swedish government made it very clear they will not support companies to keep manufacturing in Sweden. I don't see the city of Trollhattan making a big investment in NEVS.

Manufacturing, R&D and additional jobs at suppliers seems to be a great economic boost to any area and country. Too bad Sweden doesn't care. They proudly proclaim IKEA is Swedish while only a very small percentage of products is actually made in Sweden (or Western Europe).

I am sorry to break the bad news but there won't be any major manufacturing in Trollhattan.