Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v

Flickering seat belt light...

So I got home today after along, tiring day at work, just to be handed a small laundry list of stuff my wife wanted me to buy at the supermarket. So I change out of my military uniform into some comfortable jeans, t-shirt and my great North Face winter jacket, drive the 900 down to Kaufland, the German version of Walmart, and after twenty-some minutes in there I have a loaded grocery cart.

I bagged everything up, and went outside to the parking lot. Some German dude parked so close to my rear bumper (too close for comfort!), so instead of pulling forward to put the food in the trunk I decide to just open the passenger door and put everything on that side. I put a crate of water bottles on the floor, and the single large grocery bag full of food went on the passenger seat. It weighed more than my son, so it was over twenty pounds of stuff in the bag.

As I am driving home I notice the pesky "Fasten Seat Belts" light flickering. I thought "oh, damn, not an electric fault!!" As I am driving down the road I unbuckle and buckle my seat belt a few times. Light still flickering. I wiggle the bottom of the seat belt receptacle, and nothing, just flicker. What the hell, my car is in very good shape, electrically speaking!

So I look to my right... Grocery bag!! I lift the bag off the seat with my right hand... light off! I push it down, light on! So I just found out my passenger sensor is working as it should...

These cars are well made.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Paul K.
    Saab(s)
    1990 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible
    "So I look to my right... Grocery bag!! I lift the bag off the seat with my right hand... light off! I push it down, light on! So I just found out my passenger sensor is working as it should..."

My first thought.