Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 95 wagon,2003 95 Aero

broken brake booster line on the manifold HELP!!!

1 guy told me I have to replace the manifold because the grommet won't come out and the grommet in the vacuum pump needs a new grommet .Can anyone help me with this?I bought a new line for the fix but can't figure the grommets out.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    there are RED colored plastic inserts which go int he black "bushing" item. The red plastic locks the vac pipe into the manifold and the vac pump. There is a rubber bushing in the booster too. You must be VERY careful when handling this plastic vac pipe are they are fragile when older. Often times replacement is a good idea as the check valves wear out or become damaged from oil leaking from a bad vac pump. Worst case it will take out your booster by filling it with oil!

Take a picture of you issue and I can help more.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    thank you for the advice.I did get a new vac line but don't have the red plastic locks(I tried to get the entire grommet out of the intake but only managed to pry out the red thing.Does the entire grommet thing come out of the intake manifold?or the vac pump

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    I have never tried as I never had a reason to. I know you can pick them up from junked cars in junk yards - pocket item. I'd imagine those would pop out of the manifold and be a service part. I have a junk pump laying under my work bench - I'll play with it before the end of the day.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    thanx again for the help.just got back from the saab dealer in town and a service/parts guy took my questions to a saab tech and he showed me how to break down the the little grommet assembly(pn#55557389)and get the little red sleeve lock out and how to use it!what a great bunch of guys!so now that the rabbit is out of the hat,so to speak, i will try to put back together my booster line and a hand full of vacuum hoses and see if this dog will hunt.